HybridZ

Oops! I dropped in my motor!

240Z_Master

Basically there is a front and back of the release bearing. It really depends on which company manufactured your release bearing too. But the best way is to put the bearing on, and spin the face that would touch the pressre plate, if that moves freely then you're good. If you can't rotate it freely, then most likely its installed backwards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Q' date=' I haven't seen an update on your car in a while. How's it going?

It seems the board has been a bit quiet lately, I guess the holidays or the cold have been keeping people away from their cars.[/quote']

It's more like school and finals... but Finals is over after tommorow, and on Tuesday I'm going to do a few things =)

Now that finals are over...

DSC05903.jpg

This speed sensor is going to be the death of me...

DSC05904.jpg

It's a lot closer to the hood release than before...

DSC05905.jpg

Shifter clearance...non existent (Keep in mind I had a Series 1 chassis and the shifter location was way the F back there)

DSC05906.jpg

DSC05907.jpg

DSC05908.jpg

Nismo Solid Shifter + Nismo Shift Knob + Wilwood Prop Valve = SERIOUS BUSINESS

DSC05909.jpg

DSC05910.jpg

I raised the entire mount up a good 1.25" making a nicer cleaner fit, more clearance etc..

DSC05746.jpg

Clearance BEFORE the mod..

DSC05913.jpg

AFTER...

It's looking good Q. To bad you had to notch the shifter opening. And what are you going to do with the speed sensor?

I'll have to notch some more, but who cares...it's a car thats meant to be driven...

Speed sensor? I might convert to electronic, but I'll really have to wait and see. I wish it would just fit! It fit before I raised the transmission, but I would rather have the better position of the motor.

• 3 years later...