HybridZ

Oops! I dropped in my motor!

240Z_Master

Clearance.jpg

I checked the clearance between the radiator support and the front of the engine damper. It is about the size of a DVD box so about 7.5"s.

In this case, I might want to mount my intercooler to the support, and hang my radiator after that with about an inch to spare. It's cutting close but I'll recheck this later.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not put the intercooler in front of the support? Theres heaps of room there obviously or are you planning on other goodies there? Are you using an oil cooler as well?

Thanks for the info on the brace - presume the Cusco brace is a common brand available from speed shops? (I am in backwater Western Australia)

My car uses the bolt up, but I'm going to plan on making another mount that uses the slide through pins.

The problem with the RB25DET box is that it does not fit between the slide through pin mounts. If you want to make something for this, really the only option I see is some tunnel weld on plates with new mounting points.

I was looking at doing this early this year as a kit but the fact that measuring and welding has to be done regardless I thought might make it less attractive for people to buy, as it wouldnt be much more effort to complete the whole job.

Good luck though, great work on your car and your website.

why not put the intercooler in front of the support? Theres heaps of room there obviously or are you planning on other goodies there? Are you using an oil cooler as well?

Thanks for the info on the brace - presume the Cusco brace is a common brand available from speed shops? (I am in backwater Western Australia)

Cusco is a pretty known Japanese aftermarket brand.

The only reason I am considering putting my intercooler behind the support is I got too large of an intercooler (yeah theres no such thing as too large of an intercooler). I would have to modify my end tanks which I don't have the skill to do so, but I just might take them to go get modified, I'm just seeing what options I have that's all.

The problem with the RB25DET box is that it does not fit between the slide through pin mounts. If you want to make something for this' date=' really the only option I see is some tunnel weld on plates with new mounting points.

I was looking at doing this early this year as a kit but the fact that measuring and welding has to be done regardless I thought might make it less attractive for people to buy, as it wouldnt be much more effort to complete the whole job.

Good luck though, great work on your car and your website.[/quote']

Some people don't have the skill to custom weld cut and measure under their car. I was just trying to find a solution to solve that headache, I can only try and if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work.

THANKS EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED ME IN THIS PROJECT. WITHOUT THIS SITE AND HELPS OF PEOPLE LIKE MATT, STONY, JAMES, BRIAN, etc... MY PROJECT WOULDN'T BE WHERE IT IS TODAY WITHOUT HYBRIDZ

Also thanks to you 240Z Master & the rest of the crew. I have only just joined, I havent even received my 240Z (under transport from Melbourne 3000miles away), or my GTR halfcut (under transport from Sydney even further distance), and yet I already have heaps of info on brakes, engine mounts, guages, transmission mounts etc. I feel that I am going to be able to get the new motor in the car pretty quick due to the amount of info on this site and the quick response to questions from members. Your website Master is fantastic in its step by step approach. I am now hastling my wife to make me a website so I can do what you have done and add to the source of literature for others.

It would be great to meet up with everyone with an RBZ and see all the cars - maybe we should have a rally somewhere in a central location (? Phuket anyone?) or you are all welcome in Australia!!! In the Northern Territory there is no limit in speed - how does that sound!!!

regards Mike

It would be great to meet up with everyone with an RBZ and see all the cars - maybe we should have a rally somewhere in a central location (? Phuket anyone?) or you are all welcome in Australia!!! In the Northern Territory there is no limit in speed - how does that sound!!!

regards Mike

How about Las Vegas, hehe, we all love to gamble, drink, and the occasional get laid. haha just kidding.

Guest JAMIE T
Havent been to the US - Las Vegas sounds like the go then. My wife went there a few years ago before we met and she loved it

Yeah... About that...Tell her I can't wait to see her again.(jk)

Sorry, I mean no personal offense. Sometimes I just can't resist when my twisted sense of humer takes control.

Alittle story... I was not involved in anyway, I just know the guys.

This guy at a shop I do business with had a picture of a woman giving him a BJ taped in his tool box. A new employee walks by and gets REAL angry and confronts the guy about the pic. He starts cussing and yelling that the woman in the pic is HIS wife! The guy with the pictures simply says, "Hey, that was before ya'll got married"! I still get a laugh from that!

No' date=' 260Z ;)

I was talking about the Nissan brackets from transmission to block.

I have to find some and make sure that they will suit my 3.0L block.

I bought an RB25DET trans but those brackets were not included.[/quote']

I think you can get those brackets off of an Rb20DET also... the RB26 wont be able to use thoes brackets.

I found someone with some spares from an RB25DET' date=' thanks again for the heads up.

Just out of curiousity, did you use any sort of grease on the friction/rubbing points on the transmission fork?[/quote']

For the fork, there is a touch of grease on the pivot ball. And I also put a little grease on the clutch collar, the part that slides up and down on the input shaft of the gearbox.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but since I was doing the same things at home before I was transferred to Japan, I am interested to see how you have done them also.

On your site you mention it is easy to reverse the RB25 release bearing, and I cannot remember the exact process I did with mine. I was wondering if you can recall which way is correct. This is a photo of me installing mine earlier in the year:

releasebearing.JPG

I do not recall any writing on it as mentioned on your site.