HybridZ

Houston area V8Z's

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited though...once I'm out' date=' I can finally finish my Z. hooray!

[/quote']

damn vann, what else are you gonna do to that thing?!?!

i'm not going to be in town for thanksgiving, but I will be here for christmas time!!! I'm sooo down for a meet! lol My car will probably be the slowest one there though :-(

-Oliver

edit: 280z28 = sam? the guy i saw at house of pies with a z the same color as mine in full zg attire and with the lt1 and three inch exhaust the first night i got my z running? very inspiring moment for me :) check out my gallery see if you recognize my car... you too Vann.

damn vann' date=' what else are you gonna do to that thing?!?!

i'm not going to be in town for thanksgiving, but I will be here for christmas time!!! I'm sooo down for a meet! lol My car will probably be the slowest one there though :-(

-Oliver

edit: 280z28 = sam? the guy i saw at house of pies with a z the same color as mine in full zg attire and with the lt1 and three inch exhaust the first night i got my z running? very inspiring moment for me :) check out my gallery see if you recognize my car... you too Vann.[/quote']

Dude... how the heck did you remember that? I do now that you mention it but... wow! I'm glad I was able to inspire you enough to remember that long. :)

I'll be in town for thanksgiving but only with my T/A. The Z may or may not come for a visit over Christmas. Y'all won't recognize my Z next time around though. ;) Here's a picture of what it looked like.

Edit: And I don't think Vann will call things "done" until he beats my Z ;)

Jeff.. yup.. good 'ol SWT. And, that condition still holds true to this day.. the stallions are still in the quad. Sad thing is...I actually met 2 girls... yes 2 at SWT... who claimed to be virgins, but that was back in January.. so I'm sure that's already been taken care of by now. ugh... what a great reputation for a school.. it goes hand in hand with our statistic of 66% of our students have an STD. Good ol SWT.

Olie - my Z's not done because of more basic issues.. not necessarily performance. The transmission needs to be rebuilt and I need to revamp my cooling system so I can add AC. Once that's done, THEN the Z won't be done due to performance issues. lol

Sam... I don't need to beat your Z for mine to be done. If you have a z32 hybrid, then maybe, but since that's not the case.. I can accept a Datsun being faster than mine. And just so we're clear.. mine will be done when my numbers are 500/500. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Met up with Mike today and he mentioned this meet so i searched about it. I'm in. My Z won't be near ready, but i may trailer it for kicks and giggles.

In relevance to the thread, I use to own a V8 Z. I have a TH350 scatter shield if any of you guys need it...

-steven m.

Might want to contact JaysZ about the meet too, he e-mail'd me the other week and is from Houston as well.

My December weekends are already getting booked up by family and what not. Let's try to get a day picked so I can lobby for position. I have a company christmas party on 12-9 that I can't miss. Vann, when do you get out for Christmas break?

Hickl

My December weekends are already getting booked up by family and what not. Let's try to get a day picked so I can lobby for position. I have a company christmas party on 12-9 that I can't miss. Vann' date=' when do you get out for Christmas break?

Hickl[/quote']

For me the closer to christmas day it is without passing it, the better. I get out of classes on the 18th or so and then I have to deal with graduation and whatnot.

How 'bout the 24 or 22? or perhaps the weekend of the 17? I don't want to do the 23 because i got tickets to this thing i can't miss. (if everyone is ok with not doing it on the 23, I really want to attend this tentative meet!!)

I'll be holdin' up the rear with the slowest z in houston lol... :burnout:

-Oliver

Being a dad of 2 young children, I would be cast to the depths of hell if I spent Christmas eve with a bunch of car guys. 12/24 won't work for me but if that's all that works for the rest of you guys, I will just catch the next one.

Hickl

• 2 weeks later...

What's the deal guys? Is this gonna be another failed attempt to rub paint and talk a little crap? I could do something this weekend or maybe during the week next week, but from next friday on thru Christmas, I'm afraid I'll probably be out.

Jeff

im still trying to get my Z done..

73Turbo240Z just blew his headgasket last night.

Ted blew his turbo.. again and is down for abit.

im still game though.

ill be gone after christmas though.

mike

Guest 73Turbo240z

what day are we looking at? I'm going to try to change my headgasket tommorow solo, dunno if i'll pull it off or not...

If we have a semi-solid date i'll have an objective to shoot for...

And mike where the hell are you going after christmas?