HybridZ

Where to buy a "shim pack" for R230?

cyrus

What are you talking about shimming? If you're talking about changing backlash or pinion depth or something of that nature, probably the best thing to do would be to go to a diff shop and see if they have something close that works. If not you can probably buy what you need straight from Nissan.

If it is a clutch LSD and you want to shim it you need to get some shim stock and cut the shims out of it. I did my shims with .004" stainless shim stock. I cut it with a pair of meat scissors. Here's more info on my R200 shimming experience: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=92629

On my 2 R200s I pulled apart there were only 3 shims in each. So I don't think you'll find a shim pack like you will for a GM 12 bolt. You'll have to either guess at what you need and order the correct thickness shim from Nissan (I think that is how that worked) or you can try to find another shim from another diff that will work. Shouldn't be too hard to find something similar that works from an American diff.