HybridZ

wideband O2 sensor

boostin280zx

Can you just get a wideband O2 sensor from a '04 acura rsx type-s or any other car that comes factory with one and wire the signal wire to megasquirt? And if you can, where do the 5 wires go. I know how to wire a 4 wire o2 sensor, but what will the 5th wire be on the 5 wire wideband o2 sensors. And what components on the v3 pcb are for the o2 sensor input? When i have the simulator hooked up to my ms2 it doesn't read right, it jumps around on the a/f guage in megatune.

No.

Wideband sensors require a very precise current control for the heater/pump. This in turn requires you to have a seperate wideband controller to run the sensor correctly. Ultramegasquirt and the precison wideband controller projects will allow you to just use a sensor, but those haven't been completed yet.

Good question though.

Once you have a standalone wideband controller and sensor, then you can interface it to MSnS_Extra code to allow target AFR tables and logging of AFR values. There is some selection that needs to be made in the code based on the type of wideband unit you have. I am not sure about the software that comes with an LC-1