HybridZ

oil cooler

big-phil

I just finnished this past weekend turbo'ing my N/A motor. every thing is running great but I had one problem. The oil cooler fitting that bolts to the motor has male threads, my block also has male threads for the oil filter. Can I unthread the male thread from my block to make it female so I can thread in the oil cooler fitting?

Oh and 7psi feels great when all you've had is no boost at all!!!! All smiles

Phil, congrats on getting the n/a switched over to turbo. What did you end up figuring out with the afm? If you still need to modify a turbo afm, I took some pics of mine this weekend you can reference. I finally got my setup running, and 5 psi also feels pretty good after not having the car running for several months.

I got a turbo afm for $25 bucks, and used the link you sent me to swap my n/a afm guts into the turbo, then I turned it about 14 teeth to richen the fuel and got a air/fuel meter to make sure I don't go lean. I still need to get a begi fmu so I can keep the fuel pressure up. I only got into the boost a couple times I want to get my oil cooler on, and get the fmu, and I also want to get a fuel pressure guage. but it did show about 7 pounds of boost, and that whirling sound is awsome!