HybridZ

New suspension??

I currently drive a 1972 240z that is having some suspension issues (I've been bottoming out and riding low on my FR tire). I am planning on driving the car as is for a few years...with the stock engine. Then, I would like to do a 350 swap.

I don't want to buy a new suspension system, then have to purchase it again after a do the swap because of the added weight!? So, my question is, Is there a setup that will work with both weights?? I've heard that tokio makes a good products for my current weight?

P.S. - I am new to the game, but am learning quickly. Here is my z if you are interested. Sorry I'm still working on it. www.tonyandbridget.com/240z/

While I don't think you meant that you were going to leave it bottoming out for a few years, just leaving the engine stock, I would agree with trouble. Just put some cheap struts in now and tackle it later.

If you want to do it now, you could go with coilovers, and then tune it for the v-8 once installed. New springs for coilovers are cheap and you can adjust the ride height too.

I don't want to buy a new suspension system, then have to purchase it again after a do the swap because of the added weight!?

A properly done V8 swap will not add any weight. In many cases it will weight less than the L6 you have now. You have violated a couple of the cardinal rules of HybridZ. Read some old posts and see what I mean.

You can use the same set of springs and struts with the V8 as the L6. Many guys on this site do just that.

The only reason to change the suspension is if your goals for the car change.