HybridZ

No led flash while cranking.

Thumper

Ok I found out my other problem was a bad box so I am using my friends. I am still having trouble with getting it to spark though. All my sensors work and read perfectly but yet the led doesn't flash for injection and I don't get spark or fuel. I have put a volt meter on the tach line and rotated the distributor and it does receive a 12volt signal. I have the white distributor wire hooked up to the blue ms wire, the red dizzy wire to a 12volt wire, and the black wire to a ground. I also have a 1k ohm 1/4 watt resistor between the 12volt wire and the tach wire. Does everything seem alright?

When you turn the key and the unit powers on, your fuel pumps runs for a couple seconds right? Then if you leave everything on and turn the dizzy by hand a little to cause a trigger to the ECU, the fuel pump will run again for a couple seconds. It should also be running while your cranking and for the couple seconds when you let off cranking. I would use that as a troubleshooting tool if you can't get the laptop connected.

Guest 73Turbo240z

got the laptop connected, his fuel pump stays on the whole time, right now he's trying to update a box from MSnS to MSnS-e and the firmware downloader .bat doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

I don't have the fuel pump hooked up to the ms box right now. I have it running through the engien wiring harness. I can however check to see if that wire is getting a ground. And with this box I CAN get the labtop connected. This is a difference box with non-extra loaded into it. I can communicate perfectly with it. Thanks

Yeah it has been but all is well. I've upgraded the new box to extra now so both are running extra. This one is running version 24. The version 25 downloader doesn't work right so I will have to do it manually. Ok when i try to start the car the rpm's go up 11000rpms and the spark angle goes to 38 degrees. What does this mean?

Ok the box is running msns-extra 25v2. I have loaded my maps in based off of moby's with minor tuning to the spark and fuel table. When I try to start the car the rpm signal goes to 10000 rpms or sometimes 13000 rpms. The timing will go to 10degrees. While the car is not trying to be started timing is at 5 degrees. Also after 2 seconds of cranking the rpms will go back to 0 and the timing back to 5 degrees. Any thoughts? Thanks

Are you sure all the settings in the ignition part are correct?

Another question, did you type in all the values with the box connected and powered on?

Reason I ask is I know of 3 instances where setting up the .msq file seperately without the box connected ended up in code corruption, and really weird symptons (mine wouldn't save my spark settings, and reset every time the box lost power).

Mario

Are you sure all the settings in the ignition part are correct?

Another question' date=' did you type in all the values with the box connected and powered on?

Reason I ask is I know of 3 instances where setting up the .msq file seperately without the box connected ended up in code corruption, and really weird symptons (mine wouldn't save my spark settings, and reset every time the box lost power).

Mario[/quote']

Yes I am fairly certain all the settings are correct. I get no errors and they copied from moby's settings.

If I turn both the box and megatune off then turn both on all my settings will still be there so it is not losing the files. Thanks

Might be then again it might be that in all the switching of the boxs last night 3 in total I pulled the blue wire out of the butt connect to the resistor. Hmm yeah I think that is it. :twisted: Its sparking now and reading the rpms like a pro. Now I just have to find out why my injectors aren't firing.:twak:

On the injectors I have supra 440cc injectors. When I measure the resistance it is 3ohms. I have a 25 watt, 5.1ohm resistors is this ok? I have the resistors in on the 12volt line from my relay. And then I have the gnd of 1,2,3 hooked up to the dark green wire and injectors 4,5,6 to the light green wire. When I turn the car on I get 12volts at both sides of the injector clip. Sounds right? Thanks

Almost there sheesh!

When I gnd either the dark or the light green wire the injectors fire so I know my wiring is still good. I have the ecu led set to activate when it sends a squirt and the light never lights up. Megatune never shows the squirt gauge to move from the pink no active state. I also put a volt meter on the green wires and neither of them are being gnded when the ecu is being turned over. Any suggestions? Thanks

Well I got it to squirt now too it somehow was a bad load. When I reloaded the firmware when I did easytherm it start to squirt as well as spark. Now I need to redo my maps because I am using a different version then my old maps. We will see in about half-an hour if it starts. Thanks for your help.