HybridZ

Anti-Lag with MSn'S ... ?

Guest Dorifto

Guest Dorifto

Hey guys,

I've done a bit of searching, and come to the conclusion that there's no info about an anti-lag system that could possibly be programmed into an MSn'S system. :twak::mrgreen:

Here's my thinking on this.

I figure it would be relatively easy to set up. Maybe if one could have a standard on/off toggle switch set up to send a signal to the MS system that when activated, programs the system to severely retard timing [say 40* or so] so that it lights the mix as it's exiting the cylinders, which would in turn spool, or keep the turbo spooled during a flat-shift.

Of course, that's not like the WRC chatterboxes where an extra injector is added to the exhaust manifold, instead it's a more "primitive" system, if you will. I don't see why it wouldn't work, aside from the fact that the system might not have the provision for such a deal. I guess the only limitation would be the ECU system itself?

I was also looking into a two-step rev limiter that would allow me to acheive full boost while staging - of course, that's as simple as figuring the lowest rpm one's turbo is fully-spooled at, and setting the limiter to that rpm. I'd imagine the MS system is capable of that ... ?

I'd like to know your ideas, or comments on this. Thanks in advance.

-Dave-O

Don't go taking out 40deg at first. The base should be just little atdc with 10% fuel added.

Also don't want to drop all cylinder at once but every other cylinders for every 2 cycle or something like that. when you drop all the cylinder at once, it really bogs and shoot a tall falme eout of tailpipe.

I know if you hit the rev limiter, and you have the retard set to 5ATDC, you can get full boost at just off idle.

You can also get the turbo glowing red hot, overheat your engine, and melt the brazed joint on the turbo oil inlet, causing a dramatic oil fire.

Don't ever get PO at the system and hold your throttle flatfooted while simply adding gas under boost at low rpms without watching the turbo.......