HybridZ

HELP! Someone from San Diego

oinojo

Please anyone from San Diego or North County Region, would you please help me out with my damn megasquirt. I cant understand why it is not working. I bought it assembled and have double check all my wires and connections. I still cannot connect to my ecu and i know i have a straight through db9 cable. Any thing would help right about now.

PS i have read through http://www.megasquirt.info and posted in the forums. I need someone local to please help me in person.

I'm in NJ right now, but live about 20 min north of Temecula. E-Mail me and when I get back next week maybe I can make some time to get with ya nad figure it all out.

I am way behind with house work, but maybe some phone stuff will work---I do have a stim we can plug into it to eliminate the box as a cause, though!

I will be home 1120pm Monday night, have a doctor's appt tuesday AM with some jnkyarding planned for that afternoon (hot finds phoned in to me transcontinentinally!), so if you have transportation to just about anywhere, I can pack up the stim and a fresh 9V and bring my laptops to see if I can connect to your box.

I had a lot of trouble with what I thought was electrical issues, and all along it was my LAPTOP! If it could go wrong, it did on my system! LOL

909.286.2981 is my cel number.

• 2 weeks later...

1,000 Apologies! I got blindsided by work, and have been running since I returned. I saved your phone number in my celphone so I can call you to check when it's scheduled to be back.

I will be following JeffP when he takes his car down to Clark for final tuning in ElCajon at Jim Wolf, so I should be in the area, Jeff wants to make id down there next week, so I'm hoping it will all work out when your unit returns.

I haven't even gotten my rental backhoe to dig my drainage ditch---rain is COMING SOON and I GOT to do that!

I just found my stimulator and extra boxes, so we are good on that point! LOL

up at 0430 tomorrow to be in Thousand Oaks by 7... BAH!

hey i just got my MS back today and wired everything back together. I still cant connect to my MS via computer. I think it is because of my Windows XP? i dunno but its really getting the best of me right now. I also think i have some kind of ignition problem cuz i cant get any spark. Tony if you could come down sometime this week to help me out it would be greatly appreciative. Ive been without my Z for over a month mainly because of megasquirt.

Have you tried the steps for verifying your pc serial port starting on #22?

http://www.megasquirt.info/v22manual/mass.htm.

Also is your serial cable straight thru as specified? Good luck. Norm

i do have a straight through serial cable as stated in my first post. I have a strong feeling it has to do with my laptop using Windows XP. I dont have any other computer to run 98' or 2000'. For those who are running Xp, is there a driver that i need in order to connect MS to MT?

I'm running XP on my older Thinkpad and had no problem connecting to my megasquirt. Did you jumper the cable and try it with Hyperterminal setting flow control to off? Norm

well im using usb to serial and cant connect. iv also tried serial to MS through my desktop computer and no go.

I would try first jumpering pins 2 and 3 on your desktops' serial port and see if you can get it to echo characters using Hyperterminal as per the Megamanual. If that works then try plugging in the straight thru cable and jumper 2 and 3 on the other end and testing with Hyperterminal again. If you can't get that to work it is unlikely that MS will work. I know it can be frustrating. Norm

• 4 weeks later...

bumpidy bump... well i have been running my car on carbs just so i have my own source of transportation. But now my junkyard (85' 300zx turbo) seals died on me and so im blowing smoke like a smokestack down the road. So now im kinda forced to finish my Fuel Injection project and have to purchase a new turbo. If there is ANYONE from socal (north county SD area) who can help lend a hand with my megasquirt. PLEASE it would help SOOO much.

I haven't forgotten! I really haven't. I'm still catching up on housework that my wife will make a deal about if I don't! I'm close though...dug the ditch, cut up one car, only three more cars to cut up (in reality, I can get by with cutting one more to dumpster sized pieces), and some relocation of the existing cars and I should be "finished" areound the yard for the time being.

I am feverishly working today to free up tomorrow. Have to get my company truck serviced sometime Monday...but I'm hoping I can do that Tuesday afternoon on my drive to Sac'to. I'm supposed to be in Sac'to Tuesday, Wednesday, and return Thursday... Leaving Friday open too, now that I think about it!!!

Man, my laptop if FULL, too! BAH! Too much to do, too little time top do it in.

I haven't forgotten! I really haven't. I'm still catching up on housework that my wife will make a deal about if I don't! I'm close though...dug the ditch' date=' cut up one car, only three more cars to cut up (in reality, I can get by with cutting one more to dumpster sized pieces), and some relocation of the existing cars and I should be "finished" areound the yard for the time being.

I am feverishly working today to free up tomorrow. Have to get my company truck serviced sometime Monday...but I'm hoping I can do that Tuesday afternoon on my drive to Sac'to. I'm supposed to be in Sac'to Tuesday, Wednesday, and return Thursday... Leaving Friday open too, now that I think about it!!!

Man, my laptop if FULL, too! BAH! Too much to do, too little time top do it in.[/quote']

Its all good Tony, i understand your busy, Im just looking to see if there might be someone close by that i havent spoke to yet that could help too. In any case, i bought a z31 ecu today at the junks for 36 dollars. Just in case this whole megasquirt thing doesnt work i have a backup. OoOo and i could sell this Z31 ecu for more than i got it for =)