HybridZ

Can you Fit A L series in a 67 Datsun Roadster

240ZR

Has anyone tired this swap? I was looking at a 67 Roadster this week and that 4 and the SU carbs just kept making me think about my L20 sitting in the garage from my V-8 Swap...... I can already tell I'd have to get a thinner/relocate the Radiator, Dose anyone know of the mounting or anything is similar?

Has anyone tired this swap? I was looking at a 67 Roadster this week and that 4 and the SU carbs just kept making me think about my L20 sitting in the garage from my V-8 Swap...... I can already tell I'd have to get a thinner/relocate the Radiator, Dose anyone know of the mounting or anything is similar?

I put a turbo V/6 VG30 in my 68' roadster instead of one of my turbo L/6's due to the simple fact that an L-series block will set ahead/in front of the crossmember and ruin, for the most part,its already great handling characteristics.

The V/6 actually sat more toward the firewall and the stock old springs raised up about 2" !!

I made new motor mounts and a driveshaft and started on the stainless manifolds .....but alas ,got majorly sidetracked with finishing up the green Z turbo car for a show.

Always consider the handling with swaps !

Vinny

go to http://www.311s.org, click on forums and there should be a tech section where they cover L series 4 cylinder swaps. I am assuming 4 cylinder because you said L20, but I guess you could have an L20A? ANYWAY, the L4 is prettymuch a bolt in from what I gather. Also, a KA24(D)E is pretty straightforward. it also covers SR20DE(T)'s and I think there is a section on CA18DET's as well. I think a turbo V6 would be fun! I wonder how hard it would be to get a VG30DE in there??