HybridZ

Opinions needed on this IC

24OZ

Guys,

I picked this Custom IC set up from a garage sale and want to know what you all think.

119556666.jpg

It has been specially designed to simply replace the stock S30 radiator and for this reason it will be a very easy IC to fit. (notice the radiator mounting bolts on the side)

The dimension are as follows:

The IC part is 3 1/2 Inches Deep, 8" wide and 20.5" long.

The inside of the IC is made of 3 large thin cores (only 2 are viewable in this pic):

119555668.jpg

The Radiator part is 17" wide, 2 1/2" deep and 20.5" long, its 3 core.

113959743.jpg

What do you all think?

How much boost do you think it can handle? I am thinking of only going up to 12psi to be safe.

As can be seen my radiator will be smaller now, do you think this will cause cooling issues?

Interesting concept.

I am sure the I/C flows enough to satifiy what you plan on doing but I would have a concern about the I/C being physically attached to the radiator tank and being IN the engine compartment. The concern is heat transfer from the radiator and heat soak for the engine compartment. OTOH, I am really picky about an I/C and have different requirements.

Yeah thats a radiator core. The tubes are nowhere near thick enough and don't have any internal cooling fins to pick up the heat.

I wouldnt really worry about the inlet and outlet size. Alot of people do it that way. On the thinking that cool air is more dense and larger tube will pack more dense air in before the T/B and pick up power. Can't say if it really works or not strickly theory.