HybridZ

Got Power, Got Brakes, Need to turn

Guest speedmon

That should be made a sticky or something, invaluable info.

My setup is similar to John's West Coast model but even with a big torque turbo engine I have no power oversteer problems, now. The other day the car was being driven hard through a 4th gear sweeping turn. A bit too hard apparently because the tyres suddenly stopped their warning rumbling noise, chirped, and the whole car slid sideways just a touch and then continued on line as if nothing had happened :D

A couple of comments on the rest.

One, helical (Quaife type) diffs are brilliant, make the rear end so constantly controllable. Two, any front bar over ~22mm needs the stock mounts retaining setup strengthened, see my gallery for one way to do this and a recent discussion on this forum.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

ok i know this is old thread just wondering if spring rates recomended above are same for ls1 engine powered 240z as the 6cyl powered cars will try the 350 front and 300 rears seems like best point to start running 250 all round at moment and not happy with that so ill try the 350 300 combo unless someone has any input

mick