HybridZ

Anybody ever hear of '70 Fairlady 2+2?

Workinprogress

A guy I work with said his dad just picked up a RH Drive 1970 Fairlady Z, 2+2. I've never heard of it before, he said it's been in a garage since the late 70's and still has glossy paint. The guy freakin bought it for $800!!!

Supposedly it was bought by a Navy guy stationed over there then brought back when he transferred to CONUS.

Any news?

I beleive that 2+2 were made from 76 to 78. I know that the there were 280z 2+2, I think there was a 260z version also.

Maybe the decals were whiched. If you have a chance look at the VIN plate on the door frame, It should say the month and year made (1/76 i.e. january 1976)

I've never heard of it either. But it could be a Japan or Europe only car. It'll be interesting to find out the real story. AK, you're right about the 2+2 starting in 74 but it didn't stop in 78. It was continued right thru the 300ZX series.

Oh it started in 74.I just posted what I knew, I thought its was 76.

I know that they carried over the 2+2 through to the 300zx, I was just the stating the first gen models because in japan the 240z, 260z and 280z (not 280zx) are classified as the same model car. And technically the 78 models are actually 77 because thats when they stopped production on the 280z.

I don't see why japan wouldn't sell the 2+2 model cars that early in th US, it would have given them a better selling point and usually they only reason they wouldn't have sold them in the us are engine emmission requirements and since all of them had pretty much the same powerplant I don't see that as a problem.