HybridZ

I can dream cant I?

MusPuppis

Guest JAMIE T

One of the main things to think about is replacement parts availability. All welders have "consumables". TIG gun parts, tips, cups ,etc... Does the one you're looking at offer a watercooled torch option? It's pretty important if you're welding alot of aluminum. Just a few tips from someone who knows alittle about it.

I have one sort of like that its a Maxstar 200DX from Miller.

Very nice setup. 200amp DC Tig Inverter it doesnt have AC so no aluinium but it has a pulser and can sense any power input from 110v all the way to 3phase. I love it.

Its worth the investment mine has paid for itself time and time again.

Does the one you're looking at offer a watercooled torch option?

It does I beleive. I seem to recall reading some threads on adapting different torchs for use as well.

I'm just a hobbyist really, and wouldnt be welding all that much, but damn I'd love to have that big boy, hehe.

It does I beleive. I seem to recall reading some threads on adapting different torchs for use as well.

I'm just a hobbyist really' date=' and wouldnt be welding all that much, but damn I'd love to have that big boy, hehe.[/quote']

Its a little boy. Only 40lbs :cheers:

A inverter doesnt heat up like a standard tig so a watercooled torch isnt needed at this power level ( 185amps ).

And I'm very sure you wont be welding at 185amps on hardly anything.

That machine has gotten great reviews, and is supposed to be an awesome machine. The price is great also for what it is! I have a Dynasty 200DX (Miller's inverter AC/DC tig) and it is very nice also, just ~$1000 more for an equivalent setup.

That TA is definitely worth the money though. As for torches, you can put basically any commercial torch on it, air or water cooled. The standard that comes with it is a 17-series aircooled I believe. No problem finding parts for it.

Joshua