HybridZ

I love this wheelie video.

TheNeedForZ

How do you steer the thing and how do you see where you are going? Always love those!

Some have plexiglass floors to see out of. I saw a show the other day and the guy had some kind of braking system in the wheelie wheels to help maintain direction if he gets a bit off course.

Isn't this a bit like 'drifting?' It's a show and looks cool, but it's not really a race or anything. Just a thought.

I can feel the flames a comin'!!!

Davy

I'm with you on this one Davy. I was at the drags last weekend and these guys had a gutted honda crx, lexan etc, with a mondo turbo and NOS and they put slicks on the front. The track announcer said they claimed 850HP over the PA system and it went a best of 11.39@139. Had parachute and all, these guys were doing handstands and high fives all around. I think that type of wheelie rank with wimpy rice boys.

I'm with you on this one Davy. I was at the drags last weekend and these guys had a gutted honda crx, lexan etc, with a mondo turbo and NOS and they put slicks on the front. The track announcer said they claimed 850HP over the PA system and it went a best of 11.39@139. Had parachute and all, these guys were doing handstands and high fives all around. I think that type of wheelie rank with wimpy rice boys.

850HP? I think they were exagerating a bit. I mean, there are N/A Honda's that run better than that. Here for example.

They probably needed the parachute because they took off their brakes to save weight. :icon56:

LOL! They didn't use the chute, so I'm figuring the wind resistance is what really got it stopped, it being a tin can and all.

Yeah, superkid, that's the point. All that hype, all the BS, mondo turbo, NOS and all it could manage was 11.39. 850HP I doubt it was anywhere near that, the rest of the drive train wouldn't handle it, that is if it really made 850HP.

I challenged him to a heads up race, but one of his buddies had already seen the z run the last time we had it out and told the dude that it ran 10's so he wouldn't bite.

The Hemi isn't in the back, it's in the middle! The car is actually mid engine rear wheel drive. It runs consistantly 11.0 seconds at abut 110 mph. Maybe the POS honda is almost as quick, but you got to remember this car was running 11's while carrying the front wheels 45 years ago. That, grasshopper is why it is known as a WHEELSTANDER. Of course I am prejudiced slightly. I love Hemis but Hondas make me want to puke.

Guest JAMIE T
To be honest, that's not very impressive. I mean, anything will do a wheelie when you put all of the weight in the back.

I'm sorry dude!

That car is a historical vehicle. As was said earlier, it was doing wheelstands like that in the 60's. You need a freakin' history lesson. And you posting a link to some cracker jack Honda as a comparison? You should be imbarrassed. I actually feel sorry for you. You need to go to a vintage drag event. Have you ever seen 3800lb cars yank the front tires in three gears?

The Hemi isn't in the back, it's in the middle! The car is actually mid engine rear wheel drive. It runs consistantly 11.0 seconds at abut 110 mph. Maybe the POS honda is almost as quick, but you got to remember this car was running 11's while carrying the front wheels 45 years ago. That, grasshopper is why it is known as a WHEELSTANDER. Of course I am prejudiced slightly. I love Hemis but Hondas make me want to puke.

That about sums it up !

To be honest, that's not very impressive. I mean, anything will do a wheelie when you put all of the weight in the back.

look at the $$ it takes for a honda to even run close to those times!..Im a Mopar guy, but any of the Big 3 could run circles around those disposable POS!!and another thing these little Bi plane winged,coffee can,multicolored turds cannot hold a candle the Original Sports Car Coupe 240 Z. These little Clowns tend to forget that! Z cars have style something Honda sorely lacks!

SuperKid I am not going to bash on you or anything, because I agree it isn't the coolest thing, but since it is historic and alot of work was put into it I can respect the effort.

Now my remark.

It is super funny that you say "anything will do a wheelie when you put all the weight in the back" when you also happened to link a honda drag car that will never do a wheelie no matter how much weight is in the back (FWD). LOL