HybridZ

With Haltech: MSD 6AL or Digital 6?

Sparky

I am about to purchase the control box I need but am not sure which one

I want and am hoping that you all can give me your opinion. I will be running the haltech E6x and see that most people run the 6AL, is there a reason for this, or is it just because the Digital 6 is fairly new?

reading over the tech sheets..

MSD 6AL http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=partdetail.asp&autofilter=1&part=MSD%2D6420&N=400122&autoview=sku

Digital6 http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=/egnsearch.asp&N=400122

wiring is virtually identical, output is higher on the digital6 and it also has a two stage limiter.

decisions decisions!!!!!!

also, can a haltech user hook me up with a wiring diagram for the MSD...would be much appreciated!

thanks for the reply,

I was under the impression though that I needed to run an MSD because the turbo Dizzy doesn't have an ignitor. Im going to run a single coil and keep the dizzy operable, at this stage I don't want to run wasted spark....yet.

Im still reading the massive manual, am I mistaken? everyone I know that runs a haltech has a MSD controlling the ignition.

...still reading...

I know if you go with Z31 dizzy optical and Z31 ignitor, you shouldn't need a MSD, basically Haltech needs Trigger at TDC and another trigger at TDB I think. (some uses TDC Trigger and rev reset on sae signal) and what you are talking about is same setup like MagaSquirts. I've seen Loosescrew's setup and he's using MSD to control dwell. You should see how these guys are setting the ignition.

oh thanks! its all starting to make a little more sense to me now...looks like I will start off with just a single coil and ignitor and spend the MSD money on something else. someday though I would like to go with a wasted spark setup...in due time!

thanks for the info.