HybridZ

Tremec TKO-600

Guest mofaster

Guest mofaster

Anyone have any reviews about the new Tremec TKO 600? I've read good things but I haven't heard any real world testimonials yet. Any info would be a lot of help.

I currently have 2 friends running the TKO-600's and both are happy with them after approx. 10-12 months of drag racing and general hard driving.

One is behind a 2000 Mustang GT built and supercharged with approx. 480 rwhp and the other is a 1959 Austin Healy 3000 with a 450 hp sbc that sees alot of road racing.

Mike

I also have one, it is in the car, but the car is on stands stripped to the metal. Can't say I will drive it before 2007 at this point.

It fits nicely though, and the shifter comes out in a decent location.

Joshua

Mike,

I thought you were going with the G-Force T5. What happened? I tried to follow that thread, but maybe I missed something along the way. Last I heard, there was another vendor for the gearsets.

We got one GForce unit provided to us by Paul Cangialosi at 5-Speeds. It works great and is probably one of the nicest shifting transmissions I've had the pleasure to run. It is now in Jim McNemar's red Zcar. Unfortunately Paul got into an arguement with Bubba at Gforce over the other 6 cores they were back-ordered on for him... for 6 months. There was basically an "F-U" shouting match over the phone and Paul lost out. They made him pull all his "Gforce" stuff off his website and he is no longer able to get them, so I was left high and dry. I never did like the guys at Gforce, but was happy with Paul at 5-Speeds.com! He is extremely knowledgable and I still call him on occassion for tech advice on drivetrain related items.

The boys at Gforce are completely swamped with NASCAR Bush series and ASA series customers, so those teams get first priorety. Because of the volume those series generate, the regular joe's out there are pretty much screwed by "Bubba".

I ended up going through D&D to get my TKO600. It ran about $1750 shipped with the speedo adapter and the Triax shifter. We weighed my TKO and it came out to a little over 100# (103-105). HOwever, the McLeod Bellhousing brings the weight up another 20-25 pounds! :eek:

Mike

Oh, I see. I spoke with Bubba as well way before ordering my TKO-600. He was okay on the phone, but did not instill confidence. Eventually I may look into getting a G-force T5, but for the weight difference, maybe not.

I know what you are saying about the blowproof bell housings. They are HEAVY! I would rather loose that weight, but also want to keep my feet if an accident did occur. I guess this is the downside of high HP AND safety.

Joshua