HybridZ

Fbody vs. a six pack

auxilary

Guest Anonymous

"six pack' was dodges name for three 2 barrel carbs. It was known as Tri-power on Pontiac, Chevrolet (some vettes I believe) and Ford had them on the FE blocks as well as earlier y-blocks. Its old school and the better ones run the middle 2 bbl progressive. Once you tromp it the other outside 4 bbls come in. In a shoot out its HP advantage really isn't significant at all, a large 4 bbl or 2 4's will run more power on the tests that I have seen.

The six pack in Mopar was put on the 340 small block, and 383 and 440 big blocks (not sure on the 383, but the 440's had it in the road runner and GTX's.). Thats a serious 340 in that car (or at least he advertises as such could be a stroker these days), check out the daylight under the front wheels. That is hooking up baby. The 340 is a serious little motor, I was in a challanger that nearly pulled 140 with a 340 in it, it was quick and one can only imagine what a hemi cuda (426 inch 2 fours underrated at 425 hp 500 ft/lbs of torque, but estimates of over 550 hp stock wouldn't surprise me as being right) feels like, I've never ridden in one.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Frank280z

Nice pics. My father left his first car to my brother and me. 1967 Barracuda Fastback. Wish it was a Formula S. So did he...Always a nice story behind every car. The car has 46k on it. But I don't think it will pull of a 10 sec run!!! What was the time on the busa?

That's a super nice Barracuda and obviously pretty quick, but it's not a six pak. six pak's used a long oval air cleaner, that one's got a round K&N and what looks like a dominator on it. Mopars are pretty awesome. Even without all the aftermarket support the chevs and fords have, mopars are very strong running cars.

Guest Anonymous

I know a guy who has a Plymouth Satellite with a 440. Last I heard he ran a 10.90 on motor. He tried a run with nitrous, but blew the tranny. He may have been at the drags on Aug 10th though. Maybe Stony saw him when he was there.