HybridZ

Minimum CFM to cool LS1

What electric fan do you guys used for your LS1 conversion? What is the CFM rating on your E fan? I am looking to buy an electric fan for my LS1 swap. Thanks

BTW I am talking about 16" single electric fan. Thanks again.

Please tell me if you have AC in your car or not .

I'm using the Datsun radiator recored to 4 rows with the the fans & shroud that came off the Camaro donor. I have AC. Car will run in 100°F Texas weather with the AC running full blast on one fan without overheating. I know - I've done it when I had a fan realy failure.

Does anyone know the CFM rating for the fans your guys are using? I will get an aftermarket electric fan and will build an aluminum or SS fan shroud for it. I am looking for the CFM on the fans you guys are using.

SteveJ,

Thanks for the picture. I can use that picture to compare with mine.

Taurus fan here too. Dont know the cfm, but it really pulls alot of air. Kept the car at 185 in Georgia summer. Be forewarned that the fan pulls like 60 amps at startup and 30 to 40 when running. The wire to the fan relay should come from the alternator then through a 60 amp maxi fuse.

Also, the fan is a 2 speed so if you take advantage of the computer you can run it like that too. Low speed still pulls quite a bit of air, but half the amps.