HybridZ

foward mounted custom turbo manifold..

Guest ON3GO

Okay..

is it okay or bad to have the turbo manifold sorta go towards the front of the car, and have the turbo mounted close to the front.. then have the downpipe and etc sorta have a straight shot out to the back.. really have no bends in it.

what would this type of manifold setup have for pro's or cons over a reg top or bottom style manifold.

thanks

mike

The number of bends in a system is of relatively neglible different for 90% of applications I would think. Maybe on a fullhouse race engine you would care.

Far as I can see the goal would be to get the turbo as far away from the inlet tract/manifold as possible. Dunno if moving it fowards accomplishes that.

Dave

Why would it be done with a straight six, what are the advantages? All the RB's I've ever seen go back with no great clearance, plumbing or other issues. But thats on RHD cars, is there a space problem with LHD?

Different with a V engine with say one turbo and where a Xover pipe behind the engine is a problem.