HybridZ

stomped a big block!!!!!

fl327

muahahahahahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

this was just great. a while ago my buddies helped this guy we know swap a 454 with a four barrell and headers from a pickup truck with t400 into a beautiful 69 6banger chevelle, for get this 500.00!!! yes, my buddies are a little older than me and it seems havent changed their prices since the early 80s. this car has a very lopey idle, and goes great with that six banger suspension thats really loose, no posi though, dude doesnt even know what posi is. everytime we see this guy hes trying to get sideways and giving up one leggers and telling us how great his car is. the guys a weirdo, he wont even let teh guy who dropped that sucker in drive the car around the block, but the other day we saw him letting his girl drive the velle! he lives about thirty miles from me so i dont see him at all usually he doesnt hang out alot. but now im staying at my dads house this week, and im driving the turbozaurus wrex around town, oh yes, oh yes indeed, i caught mr. big block driving. he gooses it at 40 and i can see his kickdown isnt juicing me in the least, so i catch him at the light and start screaming "hey robbie, you should have left that straight six in there, you might win, (i was completely confident i would get him, judging how his car doesnt bounce away from me on the kickdown_) he screams back, nothing can beat me, ( said like a true sucker) im holding em up to boost at 3-3500 making sure im spooled up good on my baldo tires, light goes, i drop it, and i cold walk away from the guy, he was close in first, but i just walked, once i hit third i was ghost, my 200 horse just worked him something awful, i still dont understand the guy, it was all in fun, but he wouldnt even look at me at the next light, and all i wanted to do is say hi and turn off the hot strip. fun. :D

Could potentially be more. The 454 is a torque monster if healthy. I have the same thing, A-body car, 69 lemans (conv) with a 400 big block. I put in an original/used 71 GTO 400 block, some 350hp heads, 3.32:1 chunk, HEI all in a 3800lb car. I gained nothing over the 180hp low compression 1973 Safari wagon engine that was in the car when I got it. Very disappointing. Guess the cam is worn out. My ex-83ZXT will outrun the car, a Volvo will, too :( . I look cool getten beat though :D .

Still, good job! Doug.