HybridZ

Nissan patrol 1982 p40 - vh45de swap

Guest cvdf

At last....

My project is up and "almost" running.

Ive swapped the old p40 motor with a q45 vh45de. I will gain many hps and loose about 500 kg of weight. :)

The motor didnt fit, so i have to cut the firewall, the mounting plate for the battery, move the accelerator pedal a little bit to the left.

The motor is in the very back, so the center of gravity is almost in my feets. (the motor is very low.)

I have to shortened the front "cardan".

The gearbox is the original, but the flywheel, clutch are from a unknown car :) (junkyard).

Here are some pics.

Different views

I have corrected the position of the motor... it was to inclinated.

1.gif3.gif

Old nice warrior indestructable NISSAN motor p40 (dawm its heavy) :)

p40.jpg

patrol.jpg

Thank u all for the tips!!!!

Friday will go and buy the ecu, chain guide, and other stuff...

Saludos

Chris

What tranny did you use?

The original of the nissan patrol. (Dont know the model number..its something like f55xxxx). Its to big if you plan to insert it into a car. Ihave seen many "upgraded nissans" with the nissan d21 tranny (smaaaaler).

Its not to complicated to do the coupling between the motor and the tranny.

Saludos

Chris

spark, the original management and fuel, the original fuel pump.

I have bought the ecu, 2 mafs, 2 fuel pumps, 2 chain guides, the cover of the distribution, termostat, water rails (dont know the name), all the throttle (complete), and a cople of things more... 1000 US... all brand new, box sealed.

The guy from the parts has a "Mountain" of infiniti parts (doors, hods, rings, diffs...ect). I think he has bought the parts directly to the nissan in something like a "garage sale". There are 2 cars here in Chile, and a guy in the nissan made a mistake and has imported parts for 10 cars or more!!!! hahaha....what a jerk!

First, ill keep it original, then ... supercharge... but to do thar, ill have to change the diffs, the gearbox and transfrer... :)

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the mails!!!

I am stuck!

Dont have the loom connector!

The big blue plug. :x

I thoght it was the same of a D21...wrooong!!!!

Anybody knows what kind of plug use the q45 ecu? (equivalence to another nissan model.. -altima, maxima, 240, etc etc)

thanks for the help