HybridZ

stock dropping resistors

blake culp

You will have to rewire them slightly because they are wired in together on one end, and for Megasquirt they have to be seperated out.

They have a common power wire, with individual ballasted feeds to each injector.

The grouping of the grounds need to be collected separately into two groups of three for INJ1 and INJ2. The power end of the equation is fine, you just move the grounds around for the Megasquirt Application.

The spearation is on the ground side, not the power side---at least that's the way I think I wired mine up two years or more ago....

Over by the Brake Booster!

I used a ballast from an 81 or 82 I believe. It was the only one I found that had a true SIX resistor pack, and not the more common 4+2 setup. The 4+2 setup has two plugs to it, and two power wires, but if you strip the wiring cover back far enough, you find the "two" power wores are spliced together to a common point that leads back to the relay.

It's a small aluminum box attached to the sheetmetal with two screws. White plug on a short pigtail. It's there!

See, I knew you would find it! LOL