HybridZ

These look like 15x8's?

Guest iskone

After looking at the rules I'm worried about the noise my exhaust makes. I've never pulled over by cops but at full throttle it is loud!!! It can't be as loud as the cars they have drag racing at BIR on the weekends though.

Isk

Noise rules are usually only enforced when its REALLY blatantly illegal, and then it's usually more because they're afraid of losing the venue than they really don't want noisy cars. I guess some venues are more sensitive than others, but IME I can remember one car that got knocked for noise violations, it was a Porsche GT3 that had headers into megaphones. They let him run but told him next time he would have to have something resembling a muffler.

most likely 15X6.5 or 15X7here is my math:

195/25.4 = 7.677 inches of section which appears to buldge over the lip by a little, so call it 7.5" then you subtract say .5" from both sides to negate the lip width which is not counted when measuring tire width, so 7.5 - 2(.5) = 6.5" width

Id say maybe 7 as well because there are discrepancies as to sectionwidth based on how much air is in the tire. It is difficult to say the width of a wheel based on the tire, but I don't think those are 15X8.

Well I hope I'll be fine as far as noise oes. I still have a few other things I'll need to take care of besides the obvious. I hope this will be cheaper then making it a street car again, LOL.

I'm thinking they maybe 7's this morning I tried to take a quick look but I must have left my tape measure in he house. Anyway w/o the fender I can see he wheel very well and it looked to be 8" but on the way to work I was thinking about it and thought Damn, the lip adds an inch.

I'll get to the bottom of it all this weekend, oh man I just remembered most games will be Saturday and I'll be hung over Sunday!!! Ehh, I'll suck it up Sunday.

Also I was looking into the tires some more last night and was thinking I'd go with the V700's in 225/45/15 they only weigh 20lbs. I read old reviews about them coming apart though. I'll get t othat when it's time though.

Isk

The 710's? I read about a guy on tirerack that said his 700's fell apart and to use 710's.

I really like the 20lbs on the 700's. I'll do more reading and maybe a post or two when I actually need to buy tires.

Isk

Ok, good to know. The reviews about the tires coming apart were older so I was hoping they got it fixed.

So the 700's are the ones to beat or the 710's. The 710's are 3lbs heavier IIRC. That's alot of rotational/unsprung weight.

Hell, I'm leaving early today so if I have time I'll get started today!! I want my car back in way or another!!! :twisted:

Isk