HybridZ

need help with offset and wheel/tire combo

well i called diamond road race wheels and was looking at their pro series. I wanted a dot approved wheel that i could drive on the street with so i was told they could make a wheel for me using the trucker wheels with a different bolt pattern. I was looking at a 15x8 wheel with a 0 offset and a 4 inch backspace, my real concern is rubbing and tires. mind you, the car will be lowered 1.5 inches. Will this setup rub, and if so, can someone point me towards a better combo that will provide me enough width and traction for safe daily driving? Looking for a wide decent wheel that i can safely put a 245 or 255 tire on...what tires out there provide these sizes for a 15 inch wheel anyways? any feedback is appreciated...thanx again

An 8" wheel with a 0 offset would have a 4.5" BS not 4". On the rear they would work with 225/50/15's but might rub on the inside on the front. You wil not find much beyond a 225 width with a 15" wheel unless you are looking at drag tires but they are tall and will rub without fender flares and/or coilovers. With a stock fender and suspension you will not be able to run over a 225 on a 0 offset without issues. Bottom line to get wide tires to fit you need flares and/or coilovers.

he's correct on the offset. i have 15x8 weld rodlites with 4.5" backspacing on my 240. i was previously running 255/60-15 bfg's (almost 27" tall), but they rubbed when i hit dips in the road. these will not fit with stock suspension. i swapped my rear suspension for 280 assemblies with 240 suspension techniques lowering springs. a 240 suspension assembly with a 280 rear spring will also give you the needed clearance. otherwise, you will have to go with coilovers. the rubbing got annoying and a 245/60-15 would not have rubbed in my case, but i went with a 26x10 mickey thompson sportsman pro.