HybridZ

GT 37 on an RB30???

Z24O

anyone want to have a stab at how this garrett turbo would go on an rb30et with a wolf 3d and intercooler

gt3782

.58 a/r TSO4 with 4"inlet

59mm inducer

82mm major

1.11 a/r T4 turbine housing

66.5mm exducer

72.5mm major

non ball bearing

b6_12.JPG

particularly interested in;

spool up guesses

final HP/rpm

torque/rpm

injector sizes required

ease of fitment(z240 engine bay)

cheers

paul

psi

....a couple of reasons....

i already have the GT3782 and it is not far off new,i am not convinced the BB turbos are that much better than the newer(GT) nonBB(lot more expensive,don't seem to last as long??don't cope with end float??,may spool up only a few hundred rpm earlier)i think turbine technology is responsible for more recent gains than the advent of ball bearing cores

bear in mind this is what i think,not what i know,always open to more thoughts,facts and opinions

i haven't seen one on an rb30 either,that's why i am asking someone with a knowledge of compressor maps to shed a technical opinion on the combination

how is it different to the gt35 in the specs and how would you expect its performance to differ on an rb30

if you don't think it will work tell me why......that way it can be a learning experience for me and anyone who reads this thread

cheers

paul.