HybridZ

Chinese intercoolers????

Z24O

Anyone had any first hand experience with the cheap intercoolers on E-bay,can't beleive the prices AU$279 for a 800x300x100 bar and plate with polished tanks and 3" in/outlets.......last time I priced one it was up around the $1000 mark......that was several years ago though when I was building my last project!

I don't know exactly what intercooler you are looking at, but the Supra people figured out that what they call the "ebay intercoolers" only have a little more pressure drop and slightly smaller end tanks when compared to the US$2K HKS (I believe it was HKS I was told). Again, there are many intercoolers that are on ebay, so I don't really know the specific intercooler they were talking about (if you know someone on Supra Forums ask them).

Not that I condone buying cheap crap made made in China or the like (car or non-car), but many of the parts really are made in the same places that make the "real" stuff. Some of it has to do with "zones" where the people who make it for some Japanese company don't have to obey "intellectual property laws" and such, so they just turn around and sell it with no name and for much less.

Of course, there are rip-off parts that are really no good. I think word gets out what off-brand parts really are just the real deal with no/different name.

Typically Chinese the quality varies from factory to factory. I bought mine locally from a shop with a good reputation, it is Chinese and a good one. And about the price you mention.

I would not buy that sort of item on Ebay, you could get a dodgy one.

i got one of those off of ebay.they are made for a 240sx.some body on the east coast was selling them.for $250 it looks like a $1000 spearco unit.very big.had to cut off the ends and weld on aluminum turbonetics elbows though .it covers about %80 of radiator.i am making the ic piping at this time.i am going to see how much hp a stock zxt motor will make with modern ic and efi system.