HybridZ

240 vs. rsx....edens/94W

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

so it FINALLY happened. i've been waiting all month or someone worthy. and i suppose the shiny black rsx from last night will have to do.....

so i'm bumpin along I-94 goin home from my weekend in champaign, il (toga party!!) and i see this black rsx (with 2 guys) cut through 2 lanes of traffic and split between a car and a semi-truck. well, i'm thinking, this could be interesting. so i get in behind him at about 75-80 mph. he's really not doing anyting spectacular. so i drop to 4th and just ease away at like 90 then slow down to 70 again once i'm some distance away. i get about 1/2 mile away, then i see him come flyin up the fast lane. YEAH BABY! it's on!! so i shift to 3rd and try and catch his speed before he passes me, but no luck. he goes screaming by, but just for a couple seconds, cause at about 4500 in 4th gear i start creepin and then it's just all down hill from there. i get next to him, give a little nod, and hammer the pedal again. POOF! i'm gone. so i'm passing by the dempster exit (for those who are familiar) and here he comes again!! he's bustin down the slow lane at full throttle, but i get on it a lot earlier than the 1st round, and he gets to within a couple car lengths behind me and i start pullin away! at this point, i'm sooo proud of my baby!!! i should have kept at it with them, but my exit (willow east) came up and i had to slam the brakes to slow down in time.

does anyone know the times and hp of the rsx, before i go searching my self? maybe this car (the sexy yellow beast) is faster than i thought....

1 down, many more to go!

Cool smackdown!!

Here is some info:

In the Acura tradition of precise, purposeful engineering, the RSX and RSX Type-S were designed with the driving enthusiast in mind. Drawing upon a powerful 160-hp, 2.0-liter engine with the technologically advanced i-VTECâ„¢ system, razor-sharp handling, agile steering and suspension, class-leading aerodynamics and state-of-the-art safety and control systems, the RSX is a force to be reckoned with. The RSX Type-S pushes the performance envelope even further with a potent 200-hp, 2.0-liter, DOHC, i-VTEC engine and an exclusive short-throw 6-speed manual transmission.

well there are 2 models of the RSX...there is the type S, and the normal model just called the RSX. a type S will do about 15.0-15.5 in the 1/4 but the regular RSX is pretty darn slow...I would say about mid to low 16s 1/4 mile. but you just have to love that 8k redline...so much fun heh.

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

i'm gonna guess it was a type -s just becaue it wasn't a complete blow out, but i WAS faster.

and it would be a waste for someone to make a base model look like a type-s.

it wouldn't be impossible for my car to beat a type-s would it?

Guest bang847

I have actually held neck to neck with a RSX with my old beater 240z.... they arent fast...

Here is some MORE info:

remember robocop? and the taurus? it was called 2000SUX?

well the RSX means...

"R" SUX

:D

Call me LAME