HybridZ

Dumped the Holley, went with an Edelbrock

I have been having major issues with the Holley street avenger carb i got. I couldnt get the thing tuned correctly. Then after i got it all setup...it was out of tune after a few weeks. So i got an Edelbrock Thunder Seriese AVS carb...and out of the box the thing was amasing. Instant throttle responce, more power...fantastic. I am very pleased with it. Anyone else using this carb? any tricks to it?

I've finally got my 670cfm street avenger close to being tuned right. The biggest mystery to me is that the idle mixture screws don't really affect the vacuum, anything less than half a turn and the thing won't run right, but anything more than that and my vacuum is pretty constant.... Needless to say sometimes I still scratch my head over it.

Guest scarab73
I've finally got my 670cfm street avenger close to being tuned right. The biggest mystery to me is that the idle mixture screws don't really affect the vacuum, anything less than half a turn and the thing won't run right, but anything more than that and my vacuum is pretty constant.... Needless to say sometimes I still scratch my head over it.

I had a 670cfm street avenger on my 350 for a while, it seemed to like it with the idle mixture screws one turn out with the lightest springs in the diaphram, that being said I hate vacum carbs and couldent be any happier with my 700cfm double pumper!! some times I want WOT and I want it right NOW!

I had a 670cfm street avenger on my 350 for a while, it seemed to like it with the idle mixture screws one turn out with the lightest springs in the diaphram, that being said I hate vacum carbs and couldent be any happier with my 700cfm double pumper!! some times I want WOT and I want it right NOW!

yeah, I think in a heavier vehicle vacuum might be the way to go, but in a Z(X) with 3.90 gears the darn things just don't seem to work well. If you have too light a spring in there it's fun once the engine catches up though.