HybridZ

2006 Bugatti $1.25 million, worth it ? 4 turboes

jtmny1999

We are truly living in an automotive age our grandchildren will talk about as being the "good old days". 500HP seems to be the mark for the big 3 to fight over for their ubber sports/ pony cars. Then you have the mid level 400HP cars that are becoming pretty common. And with the imports pretty much selling in the upper 200 to lower 300HP range for their flagship and midlevel enthusiast cars' date=' it is truly a time when we gear heads should be in a constant state of euphoria!

Mike[/quote']

I agree Mike,

this does seem to be the new musclecar era, manufactures have set some pretty high standards. I have to wonder though, what kind of fall are we setting ourselves up for.

the Musclecars of the past were killed off by rising full prices and insurance rates. back then 14's was relatively fast..now what is the mark? 12's? 11's on the new Z06? just how many truly inexperienced drivers are going to purchase these cars? how many people are going to feel like they can beat anything out there and try to prove it...killing bystanders in the process.

there are several legislators out there right now that for years have been trying to limit horsepower or make any modification to cars illegal, effectively killer the performance after-market ( thankfully its such a huge industry right now that SEMA has the support they need to fight off the majority of these bills) what happens when they don't? what happens when the insurance companies themselves stop insuring these high HP cars, or start their own inspections on cars. any mods and you don't get insured... get in an accident? car has mods (left up to the adjusters discretion what constitutes a modification of course) and your insurance is dropped.

I love the fact that these cars are being built, while I cannot personally afford one at this point in time, I still appreciate their presence. but I have to wonder... in order to play today, what price will we pay tomorrow.

anywho... back to the Bugatti :)

I agree that the body styling leaves a bit to be desired but the rest of the car is so amazing its still worth having... think of it like this,

I dont like about half of Picassos work, but if I had the money and ran across one for sale I would buy it. I would then have a Picasso, while not my favorite painting or even one I like, as an artist he was genius and I can appreciate that.

sorry for the disjointed ramble. I just woke up :)

Wow, the more you guys talk about the car, the more I like it. Then I scroll up to the picture and just can't get over how ugly the darn thing is. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it. Well at least it's more practical than that new 2 million dollar ferrari that can't even be driven on the street. Guess you can never have your cake and eat it too.

Mcky F1 vs Veyron?

Looks: McLaren

Wow factor: Equal

Refinement: Veyron

Affordability: Equally ridiculous

Would I buy a Veyron if I had the money? Yes. But then again, if I had enough money to spend on a Veyron, an F1, F50, F40 and a few others classics would be right beside it.

The Veyron, some might say isn't worth it.. No car is worth 1.25M, etc etc. Well its a vehicle for the "elitists" out there. It ranks amongst the multi-million dollar super homes, fancy clothes, watches, etc. For most, this will be a status symbol or just another addition to a huge collection of cars owned by some ******** with too much bank. Im sure there are a few sultans out there with 4 on order.

Its not about performance for dollar with this car. You could make 10-20 cars run faster in the quarter, or make more power, or even reach a higher top speed, but to have it all happen from a car you can buy from the factory, with a warranty, and 100% driveability/etc, thats tough to top.

Monetarily speaking, the car is impractical and unattainable for most. But thats not who or why the car was designed. Its an amazing machine, regardless of its price tag, and I would love to get behind the wheel of that sucker.

***Edited By Admin Staff***

No need for those kinds of remarks here!

HybridZ Adminstaff

The aerodynamic factors were fixed, the thing has amazing down force. For whoever said it had a 400 BHP advantage on the McLaren. In the show, Jeremy Clarkson was using 50 BHP while cruising at 100+mph, leaving the other 950 for when he stepped on the gas. He also stated that the car can go from 240 MPH to 0 in 10 seconds.

Guest nick_25

i'm just glad someone posted the top gear link...man i love that show...lol

but as far as the car goes, it by far blows everything else that has ever been made out of the water, that is like the SR-71 of cars man

It looks like ****. I wouldn't spit in their hand for it.

Please leave the mindless comments for the sandbox. This car has the potential be one of the greatest achievements in traditional car design. We are approaching a peak in traditional automotive technologoy as we are moving towards cleaner and cheaper sources of energy. It may be a while before these new technologies give us this kind of performance. 250mph to 0 in ten seconds! That is simply incredible. I am disappointed that there was no comment on the tires that were on the car!

It looks like ****. I wouldn't spit in their hand for it.

I think the rear end is one of the nicest I've ever seen on a car. Very smooth. This car is the pinacle of automotive technology. 250-0 in 10 seconds, 0-250 in under a minute, and while cruising, using only enough HP to keep it cruising (50). One of the most luxorious interiors ever made, in the fastest production car with a speed limiter at 252 MPH. They don't know the actually max speed of the car. It's a sexy beast.

Please leave the mindless comments for the sandbox. This car has the potential be one of the greatest achievements in traditional car design. We are approaching a peak in traditional automotive technologoy as we are moving towards cleaner and cheaper sources of energy. It may be a while before these new technologies give us this kind of performance. 250mph to 0 in ten seconds! That is simply incredible. I am disappointed that there was no comment on the tires that were on the car!

It's not a "mindless" comment. It's my personal opinion. It looks terrible, I would never buy one if I had the money.

Guest bastaad525

If all goes well' date=' I plan to sell my current Vette this summer and place an order for a NEW 2007 Z06. Not nearly the potential of that Bugati, but not the price tag either.

Mike :cool:[/quote']

I'm green with envy :D

I'm in love with a LOT of cars... but man... that new Z06... damn. It may not be the fastest, or the prettiest... but damn, all the performance that it offers, for what is really a dirt cheap price considering what you get... that car has got to be the best performance bargain ever offered for sale in the history of the automobile. The numbers suggest the thing is pretty underrated powerwise... and it 'smokes' it's nearest competition (dodge viper) for way less cash, not to mention kicking the snot out of soooo many super high dollar italian and german super cars...

heh... I'm rambling... that car has that effect on me! Congrats man!