HybridZ

Rb26dett 240z

Guest pat_riot88

:shock:

You do not need to upgrade anything but the ecu to get 350hp from an RB26. Whats with all this rebuild, N1 pump etc. non-sense? I suspect someone on a budget (I use that word loosely) just wants to get a decent low mileage motor in and running.

That's exactly what I'm doing. It's going to be my daily driver, and hopefully sooner than ten years from now. You can either spend your life making a cherry show car that doesn't run, or you can drop it in, drive it, and if anything breaks or rusts out, cash in your tax return and upgrade it. I'm not too sure about 350hp with an ecu upgrade, but it's a first step, and worth a try, after I get the kinks out of the oem.

I'm 70% done with my rb26 swap, and I'll put it in writing, it will cost you $25k+, although I started with a stripped shell, and pretty much replacing every nut & bolt. I figure with that kind of power, you have to do it right from the begining, or it's gonna cost more later.

I'll put it all in writing, I'm a full time student with only one car, and I haven't made that much money in my lifetime...My swap is nearing its fiscal completion. I don't know about it costing more later either unless you plan on breaking literally every bolt under grade 8 in the near future. It's like buying snap-on tools because they last longer, including the socket you only used once ever and the straight edge that didn't exactly require a high torque tolerance. I hate snap-on. They're like the governmental bureaucracy--throw money at the problem to make it look like it must have been fixed.

Do it..and keep the receipts.

I am. EVERYTHING. I'm afraid to add them up, but by many people's standards it's probably chump change by comparison.

I got 350rwhp out of mine with just upraded to SDSefi

Dang, I gotta get me a catalog and start picking stuff out. I hope it's all true. I'm tempted to put it on a dyno any time I upgrade a part to see. I'll for sure do it at the very beginning to see what I'm dealing with at as close to stock as possible. Boost to only 400 after that seems a little low though. N-1 is definitely overrated in terms of hp. It seems that too many people use N-1 and quarter mile races in the same sentence.

For a newbie like me(never work on a car before except oil change and replace the door handle), it probably eaiser to "mod" instead of build.

Lol! But oil and door handle changers get paid good money! Change oil at work, and mod at home. If you mod at work, the only thing you'll want to do for yourself is drink and watch tv. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it just leaves you sharing the wife's minivan.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic