HybridZ

Easy way to blow $700

zeeboost

I have a Mcleod sprung hub street/strip disc in my Camaro. I think it was the 100 series? Been in there for 17 years. My first trip to the track with the 4 speed and I was having all sorts of shifter problems. (Been driving it for weeks on the street with naught.) I left the line at about 2500 rpm and it bogged. So I just mashed the loud pedal 'til the tach hit 6k and just stepped off the clutch. The car kinda' hopped and bounced but started down the track. About half way, a monster cloud appeared behind me.... seems I was stuck in 3rd gear and smoking the clutch! Figured it was toast so I just stayed in it. (19 years old...) Ran a 15.30 at 95 mph running 3rd the whole way with 3.31 gears. Anyhow, solved the shifter woes and the disc eventually became less grabby... But long story short, I will definitely run more Mcleod discs!

all ive ever used is spec clutchs in my cars and never had a problem with any of them.

i have a spec stage 4 and flywheel in my blue Z now and cant wait to drive that beast around... gonna have fun in traffic with this combo!

u cant install them backwards, i tried doing it to my stage 3 unit on my SR20 240sx..

mike

I've heard a lot of good things about SPEC clutches with the Mustang boys, and a few from the import crowd, but it seems their problem lies in the lt1-style pull-type clutch.

I sure came down with a case of "while I'm at it." Instead of just changing out the clutch, I'll be installing remanned CV's, brand new diff. mount insulator, roller cam setup, and about $300 of machine work. I need to stop driving this damn thing.