HybridZ

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Len

Just finished diving my 83 280ZXT after staying up last night till 2 am finishing up my upgrades. WOW! burnout.gif

Ten months ago I parked her basicly because she leaked oil. I had just put in the 370 Mercur injectors and the Dawes boost adjuster & A/F meter. At that time just those mods really woke her up!

After healing up from body injuries. I finally started back to work on her last month.

1. Resealed Oil Pan

2. Installed new O rings and gaskets on Power steering rack.

3. Installed 2 1/4" piping and NPR I/C.

4. Installed 240SX TB ported front of intake and fabbed the 1" spacer plate.

5. Installed 1st gen DSM BOV and plumbed it into AFM to Turbo hose.

6. Replaced lower front body parts due to previous owner cleaning out to many ditches.

7. Fabbed 2 1/2" New SS DP Along with welding up 3" exaust and Dynomax muffler.

After all that and such a long downtime I was afraid once complete she wouldn't run right.

I was Wrong! She started right up! After dialing in AFM and adjusting new TB idle screw. She ran smoother than before! The exaust sounds just right. Just a low throaty rumble not to loud or to quiet just right. When I got on it she pinned me in the seat! I then realized the boost switch I had installed (allowing me to choose stock boost 7 psi. or top boost of 13psi) was on stock boost. When I switched to max boost she really started to dance! No leak in the power steering rebuild. Stopped the leak from the oil pan but now I see my timing cover around harmonic balancer is leaking. I've heard at times the seal around harmonic balancer wears a grove in balancer and need to check if there is a sleeve I could install on balancer to fix.

Bottom line I'm just happy with the outcome. It turned out better than I thought. Maybe all these mods installed all at once as compared to one at a time really made such a drastic difference.

I LIKE IT! cheers.gif

Thanks guys for all your input (and allowing the purchase of spare parts from some of you) allowing me the knowledge to accomplish this. 2thumbs.gif

Yasin; Go for it you will be glad you did. I first worked on the 3" exaust. I ordered the 3" mandrell 180 degree bends thru J.C.Whitney then I had a $80 cut off miter saw I bought at wholesale tools and a wire feed welder. I first welded the exaust so my lousy welds wouldn't show under the car ;) . Then I worked on the 2 1/4" I/C piping (exaust pipe I bought at Summit since they sell 180 degree J bends). By that time my welding was getting respectable. I also grinded down the welds and painted piping black. That exaust(and 2 1/2" DP) really helps the flow. It completes the whole intake and outgo of things! 2thumbs.gif .

Hey! Scott your right! I travel to Dallas for my kids soccer alot. Although I don't know where Cedar Hill is? Let Me know when you come up to OKC and I'll give you a ride!

Len

My son plays for Oklahoma City 88 "Titans". We came in 2nd last year in state. We have been traveling to Texas for years. Even when my daughter played Classic years ago. She now is on scholarship with University Central OK. Soccer. They won the "Lone Star Conference" (named after you I'm sure cheers.gif ) for divison 2. But last week lost to Colorado "Metro" university in the Regional finals.

Plano; Austin and San Antionio always have great competiton 2thumbs.gif . To improve you gotta have competition!

Those kids are my true accomplishments!

Len