HybridZ

Pics of work I've done**have toggle activating cold start valve at full throttle!

big-phil

Guest bastaad525
I did something similar to your cold start injector. I drilled out an injector bore in my throttle body and was running a 420cc injector wide open with an activation switch. I never got around to having it pressure activated since it was mostly just an experiement until I got the megasquirt going. It did help quite a bit' date=' but had a ton of drivability issues. Hit the switch too soon and the engine would bog, hit it too late and have some detation. With water injection and the 420cc injector, I was able to run 16psi with no detonation. It was fun, but tough to use!

-jeremy-[/quote']

see that's kinda what I'm talking about... really there are lots of ways you can set it up from very simple (simple toggle switch) to a bit more complex (setting it up to a pressure switch set to activate above a certain amount of boost). But I definately would NOT use the cold start injector. Even just an extra stock injector could make quite a bit of difference (270cc / 6 = extra 45cc per cylinder = 315 cc per cylinder... a decent increase).

Radiator Hoses?

Anybody ever see the old Renault Fuego intercooler connections? Look just like radiator hose on the other part of the block!!!

First thing most owners did was to remove them and replace with a solid steel or aluminum piping because of "balooning" causing a "mushy" boost response.

For prototyping, I see no problem with it. But after seeing what Renault Hoses look like, and how they are balooned and deformed after a few years of boost....I'll move to solid lines as soon as practicable!

Guest 73Turbo240z

volvos had the same problem...

which makes it even more ironic since your using a pre-1992 volvo 740 intercooler, which is known to bottleneck boost above 10psi or so...

cheap upgrade if you don't mind hose hunting again, find yourself a post-1992 intercooler, it'll take you to 15 or so before becoming a problem.