HybridZ

LS1 fuel Tank and pump on ebay.

DaleMX

hmm.. I hope the plastic tanks have different fuel filler necks that are removeable. My 98 Tank is metal and you cant remove the neck. Hope the guy didnt just cut it off to make the tank come out easier.

Do you guys really suggest this? Is it that much easier than using a 280z tank? You do have to cut the whole rear hatch up correct.

Sorry if thats a newbie question.

Andy

The plastic tanks have a hose connecting the filler neck to the tank. I wouldn't say doing the LS1 fuel tank swap is easier than another, but the benefits of this tank are awsome. I didn't mind removing the spare tire well, because I drive the Z around town and if there is a problem with a tire, the fix is only a phone call away for me.

Yea, Ha ha. I have one on my back porch waiting to be installed This summer. I'm getting tired of changing my fuel filter every month. I'll try to copy your mounts Bart.

Why do you have to change your fuel filter every month? I have about 4000 miles on my LS1 swap and have no problems with the filter.

Is the gas you get a problem?

Why do you have to change your fuel filter every month? I have about 4000 miles on my LS1 swap and have no problems with the filter.

Is the gas you get a problem?

No, the tank sat for a long time and got some rust in it. I run through a screen pre filter, then the Fuel pump, then to a Large paper filter by the fuel rails. I would clean it out, but I'd rather just put the LS tank in and call it a day.

I ran the Z for 6 months with the original engine in it and never plugged up the filter. As Soon as I hooked up the LS1 I started getting rust plugged filters. Maybe the violent burnouts shook some rust loose.

Anyway, The gas is clean past the filter so I just check it from time to time and replace it when I see the fuel pressure go below 55.