HybridZ

got some 370cc injectors, please tell me these will work.....

big-phil

Like lifefrddude said you have to cut and remove the top plastic to mount to the stock rail or get a O-ring style fuel rail. The pintile caps will also have to be removed as well.

Take care not to damage the needles when putting the injectors back in.

It is easier if you put the injectors in first, then attach the rail.

One other thing unless you have Msns or some form a stand alone EMS, you will have to remove the cover from your AFM, and adjust the teeth to get a good idle and not flood your motor.

Guest bastaad525

wow HELL of a good deal! EIGHT injectors for >$45!!

wish I'd seen that! Even though I'm selling my car, at that cheap I'd have bought them just on principal alone :twisted:

ok so all I have to do is cut off the plastic top part to hook to my stock fuel rail, when I cut the plastic away does it reveal a metal tube or something for the stock gas line to go down onto? And I know all about adjusting the afm, when I hook these up, I will have to lean the afm so it will idle? right? I also won some Supra 440cc injectors, but I guess I will need MsNs for those to work, leaning the afm wont work on those will it?? Some poeple have told me the car will run like crap untill I get a stand alone.

No the Supra rail will not fit your car and you cannot erm for lack of a better work banaid the care enough to use the 440cc injectors, you will need at least a piggy back system to control fuel to use those.

At the top of the injector you will see two what look like rings, the molded plastic, CAREFULLY cut this away and the metal that you see protruding from that plastic will still be underneath.

Dont forget to remove the pintile cap covers either.

No the Supra rail will not fit your car and you cannot erm for lack of a better work banaid the care enough to use the 440cc injectors' date=' you will need at least a piggy back system to control fuel to use those.

At the top of the injector you will see two what look like rings, the molded plastic, CAREFULLY cut this away and the metal that you see protruding from that plastic will still be underneath.

Dont forget to remove the pintile cap covers either.[/quote']

what is the pintile cap cover? Is that the little plastic cover that covers the end where the fuel comes out?

Guest bastaad525
what is the pintile cap cover? Is that the little plastic cover that covers the end where the fuel comes out?

bingo. But be careful once they are removed, the little needle can be damaged kinda easily. Especially be careful when you're installing them in the manifold.

I coulda swore someone had gotten larger than 370cc injectors working on the stock EFI/AFM?

At any rate, you shouldn't NEED those 440's as long as you are still on the stock turbo. 370's should be able to handle any 'reasonable' amount of boost you would run on the stock T3 (say up to 15-16psi)... I think Jersey from these forums is running 18psi on 370's at stock fuel pressure. But most would agree you don't really want to run at 18psi for a prolonged period anyways, I think Jersey himself has said he's basically trying to kill his turbo so he can upgrade :twisted:

Or, if you needed some extra fuel, you were talking about how you had rigged your cold start injector to a switch, why not rig up one of the 440's that way?

otherwise, set the 440's aside for when you get a bigger turbo and programmable EFI.