HybridZ

need GOOD ideas

grumpyvette

Ive got 6 large CRAFTSMAN PRO tool boxes that lock with those circular keys, thats 6 diffearant keys, meaning IM always finding the wrong keys on the key ring, now obviously I can and have found a way to match keys/locks by painting the key and matching lock with a dab of differant color paint but does anyone know how hard it would be, and expensive to replace all the locks with keyed the same replacements? it would make a minor anoyance go away

Cheaper and Easier way.... Get 6 diffrent colored tapes, and next put a small piece of the tape next to the lock on each toolbox(using diffrent colors on each lock of course) and goto your local hardware store and pick up some of these that mach the colors http://www.athco-locks.co.nz/ll4.html

All the house keys look identical, so my mom decided to put one color for one house, and another color for the other house. That will make the problem go away for a few bucks

Go to your local Sears Store, most stores have them in stock but if not, get them to order Sears item #00965587000. Mfr. model #65587. Unfortunately, they'll be double sided keyways...meaning cuts on both sides of the key on an oddball keyway. A useable substitute for what you have, unless you're in love with the tubular keyway locks.

CLICK HERE

$16.99 for a pack of 3 locks keyed alike for the Sears Craftsman toolboxes. You can easily change them yourself. You can ask them to order you 2 sets with the same key code and then all will be keyed alike for less than $40. Cheaper than what I charge to rekey 6 of the little bastards.

Warren

BTW, I am a locksmith.