HybridZ

Import Performance Parts

24OZ

Looks like I'm going to have to completly rebuild my L28ET, thanks to the member of this board that sold it to me... :twak: .

Has anyone heard of this company called Import Performance Parts, they are offering L28ET engine rebuild kits for a good price, $1199 and that includes Ross or Wiseco forged pistons.

checkmark.gif Complete Gasket Set

checkmark.gif Copper Performance Head Gasket

checkmark.gif ROSS/Wiseco Forged Performance Pistons

(86, 86.5, 87mm bore) and

(8.5-1, 9.1-1 comp ratio)

checkmark.gif Performance Rings

checkmark.gif Performance Wrist Pins

checkmark.gif TOGA HP Main Bearings (std, 10)*

checkmark.gif TOGA HP Rod Bearings (std, 10)*

checkmark.gif ARP Rod Bolts #202-6003 (9mm)

Here is the link http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/pek-nissan.html

Has anyone dealt with them?

tell us whats wrong with your motor. do you know the extent of the damage? i would get everything out and label it and inspect it. unless this is your daily driver you could get it done way cheaper that way. dont get me wrong, thats a great price for all that. but more likely then not all you will need are the gasket set out of those. L series heads are what go bad. the bottem ends are crazy strong. not many people here even fool with them unless going for serious power or there was neglect on the motor and they seized it or spun a bearing. even then ive only heard of one doing it. but i guess like i said just let us know what is happening and what your plans for the car are. because of course, a crazy boost, high hp, fun machine would benefit from that kit.

Hi guys/Hi Yasin,

Thanks for all the input.

Well I took my valve cover off to replace a leaky gasket and noticed a wierd groove in the head between the timing chain and the chain guide. Noticing metal swarf, i thought i had better investigate by pulling the oil pan off and taking off the timing cover.

This is the mark i saw when i removed the timing cover off and didnt know what it was:

122989963.jpg

I previously thought that the mark could have been created by a loose timing chain that was hitting the side of the head, but many on here were uncertain due to the shape of the gouge.

On removing the timing cover a bolt fell out and we found a variety of other bits in the oil pan..eek.gif

125906386.jpg

The bolt was the most interesting bit of all as the head was smoothed out and so were the threads.

Since it had fallen from the timing cover area we tried to see if it fitted into the groove in the head and it fitted perfectly:

125905366.jpg

This is a clearer picture of the the mark it made:

125905367.jpg

The oil pan contained other smaller nasties too:

125906387.jpg

if you have the money, definately go for the kit. otherwise i would think you would be ok with a new timing set. but just make sure clearances are ok and oil passages are ok and everything, since you had some goofy stuff floating around. that is a really good price for that kit.