HybridZ

RB26 Dipstick insert point with 2WD sump?

Mike Rowe

Anyone done this - when you change to rear pan sump the dipstick will have to be moved and presumably a new hole drilled. I notice a slight indentation on the block that may be able to be drilled out.

If you've done it were you successful at getting the dipstick tube ourt and reusing - any tips?

How did you go about drilling out the back and plugging the original location?

thanks Mike

Guest JAMIE T

The one I got from Stony was obviously done already, but the one I bought off Ebay had a plug in the rear location. R32, I don't remember the block numbers.

I've just done mine this morning and it is a breeze. My block is an R32 GTR and it has the brass welch plug in the back. Popped it out from the sump side with an 8mm drift, then started the Diptick tube from underneath with a 10mm drift, followed by the 8mm drift again to get it out all the way. Then simply put the brass plug in the front with a bit of sealant. Took all of 5mins. Incidentally the back hole is marked with a 2 next to it and the front one with a 1