HybridZ

Some interesting info. about Barrett Jackson

CruxGNZ

There is an architectural antique auctioning company here in Atlanta that I used to work for during college. It was all very high-end stuff and always touted as having no reserve.

There were ALWAYS people in the crowd working with the auctioneers posing as legitimate buyers who would drive up the price or buy the item when it didn't bring what the auction company wanted. It would crack me up to see the same item resurface auction after auction.

dey screz ya in ye car, de screz ye in de road, de screz uass in de bed, dey screz ya when yur dead...screz ye when yo bad....dey sruez ye on a bid and on de internit 2.... yo dont even half to leave yer hois foe de screzing hom deliverree

Man I had to read that twice to get all of it! LOL:lmao:

Part of it is that it makes it more exciting, both to watch and to be there.

I was at an auction last summer in NYC which was run by a different company. There were lots of cool cars there, but the bidding seemed slow. Later in the night it picked up a little (free beer and vodka in the VIP/bidder section helped), but after the final bid it was usually "I'll check with the owner to see if he will sell it for that" instead of "SOLD SOLD SOLD"

There were some cool cars there, enzo, carrera, the batmobile F50, older Maserattis and Ferraris, and a couple neat custom bikes.

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/f50.jpg