HybridZ

Booster Probs?

Guest alanq64

Guest alanq64

I have a 76 280z 2+2. When I push the brake pedal while the car is running it either revs up an additional 1000rpm or almost dies. Could the booster be bad or do I have a vacuum leak that is causing the prob? I have a small leak you can hear when I push the lever to defroster. Any help would be appreciated.

There should be a check valve in the vac line to the booster. If that failed it could cause problems. i don't know if thats what is going on with yours but its worth checking. Its mounted to the top of the firewall in the engine compartment above the booster. could be that your booster diaphram is blown out also, I think thats more likely. Try disconnecting the vac line and plug it. try blowing into the vac booster, does it build pressure or does it just bleed out, you should build pressure if the diaphram is still good.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alanq64

Installed the ZX booster and master cylinder. Turned the booster upside down but really don't see the need for it. No clearance problems either way. Working great.. no more surging while idling. In the process of updating the alternator, parking lights and headlight wiring.