HybridZ

JTR mounts, which bolts?

Just wanna make sure it all goes together right

The short spacer is on the passanger side, the thicker is on the drivers?

Also, what kind of bolts are you guys using to attach the mounts to the block? Seems like 2.5" for the shorter, 3.5" for the longer, but how strong of a bolt must be used?

I have grade 8 bolts, will these be enough? a 3.5" bolt is pretty long to torque very heavily. WHat are you guys torquing them to?

Seems like the bolts that were used with the factory lt1 mounts(like 1" long) were much stronger.

I tried 45ft/lb with the grade 8s and they seem like they may already be stretching. BUt im not sure, maybe im just trippin

Grade 8's are fine ...no need to torque .......just tighten.......................make sure you have plenty of bolt thread into the block mounting holes .............check the depth of the block mount holes and mark or color your grade 8 threads to make sure that you are not forcing more thread than possible into block mount holes. The way I tighten regular bolts/nuts on a Datsun without a torque wrench is to grasp the head of the ratchet with my hand and finish tighten until I feel discomfort in the wrist.............. same with wrenchs ......grasp as close to open or box end until discomfort in wrist.....Always use a torque wrench when required according to manual specs

• 4 weeks later...