HybridZ

Direct Hits

Guest ambersdad

Guest ambersdad

Has anyone here used DirectHits? I'm not an engineer by any stretch and I was hoping to see if anyone has used this system and what their experience has been.

Thanks

Go to : "http://www.directhits.com/index.html"

V=I*R simple. Power in watts is W=V*I or =I^2*R or = V^2/R.

You do the math, to get more current, ie. amps, you have to increase voltage or lower resistance. If they are capacitors, which is what they appear to be then this is "old" news and has been marketed before. I seriously doubt their claims there is no free lunch with electricity, only losses. And besides, capacitors take time to charge, which is why msd ignitions have multiple spark only below 3000 rpm, so why would these be any different, msd is firing only one plug at a time multiple times below 3K after that you just can't recharge the capacitor fast enough.

Edit: Oh, and they are only $315 for 8 of them plus shipping. What a bargain! Beat your head against the wall, it'll be cheaper in the long run especially for 6 HP out of an 800HP BBC, so for a measly 300HP motor you'd net about 2.5HP for the $315. Your pet nat couldn't tell the difference and the data looks really fishy to me. The scientist with Sandia also has a part of the deal if you read through all the BS and they don't test cd ignitions as a comparison.

There have been many studies of these and other so called "Miracle" products that claim all sorts of benefits?:? And ALL of them have been proven to be worthless!:fmad: If they were any good the major manufactures would use/sell them. I have seen magnets that clamp around fuel lines to "Align the Fuel molecules"? For better gas mileage, electric turbos (small fan) Etc. "Yeh Right" any one want to buy a piece of the moon just call me I would be glad to take your money:):):)

Chuckie:evil:

You can acheive the same effect by pulling your spark plug boot off the plugs a little, leaving a little airgap between the metal clip inside the boot and the tip of your plug. I used to do that to eliminate mis-fire on the fouled plugs of my Alfa-Romeo.