HybridZ

Do you need actually need the tps?

Thumper

We were tuning my friends car the other day megasquirt 2.2 when I noticed his tps wasn't reading. We pulled over and checked and it had fallen off. The car felt fine while driving it so that got me thinking what does megasquirt use the tps for. I came up with the flood clear mode while starting, acceleration enrichment, and turning off the o2 sensor at full throttle. Other than that it doesn't seem to effect anything. So since his car did not have an o2 sensor connected, and I have the acceleration enrichment off because we are tuning afr's, then the tps should not effect anything. Or am I missing somethimg? And what the hell is this icon? :icon28: Looks like a guy with shades and a red bandana.

Guest 73Turbo240z

accel enrichment is based off the TPS, but were tuning on wideband, and have accel enrichment turned off for the time being, and the narrowband is off as well, so there went the 2 primary uses of the TPS...