HybridZ

Pics of My Other "Kid" - Supercharged Corolla!

slownrusty

Here is my other trouble some but super fun kid. 14psi of boost, 4AGZE engine from a Jap Spec FWD Corolla (AE92), bought a half cut and did the conversion.

Power is right at the 200hp mark - which is not bad for a 1.6L. Car is awesome to drive and handles very predictably.

All the suspension has been heavily re-worked as well.

Mazda RX7 Turbo 4piston calliper brakes in the works as well as new HKS cams and adj. cam gears.

Thought I would share!

8592629.jpg

8592610.jpg

13821231.jpg

13821634.jpg

Yasin

Wait a minute, those pics are of a rwd AE86, what gives? I love those, very lightweight. Would make a killer autoX car! Oh, I got it, the ENGINE is out of a fwd corolla.

I love it! I was looking for one as a daily driver but found a '91 240SX first.

The Corolla's gotta have a ton more potential. Aren't they like 2200 lb.?

Dan - Yup you got it buddy - the engine is out a early '90s FWD Corolla turned around and mated to my stock tranny to make it RWD. No mods required except shaving the right engine mount a bit with an angle grinder to clear the supercharger.

My car is a little heavier as its fully optioned (electric sunroof etc etc) and I have some pretty comfy but heavy Supra seats in it. The car with a full tank of gas weighs in at 2340lbs, which is not bad. I hope to remove the heavy North American front bumper (with the big re-bar) and replace it with the feather weight Jap Spec version. So that should drop another 30lbs or so.

Yes the car was one of the most popular cars in Japan for circuit racing and drifting (still is) but the S13-S15 Silvias are now the king as they have much more powerful engines with the SR20DET and an awesome suspension and factory LSD.

Overal like you say, the potential is huge. These cars are becoming more rare to come across now, as most have fallen victim to the rust bug, but the odd time you will see one for sale and they are really good buys with Toyota reliabbility and that sweet reving 4AG engine mated to an a great transmission and a factory 4.3 rear end.

Here are some sweet jap spec versions

86treno_rs_01.jpg

86levin_fb_03.jpg

Yasin

S30Z Bushido - If you can find one, I fully recommend buying it. They are great driving car, very forgiving suspension and decent power even ins tock form.

John Adkins - the "Initial D" car is the same car - RWD Corolla GTS (AE86 chassis code) - aka Hachiroku.

Joe - Yes the car is loads of fun.

Regards - Yasin