HybridZ

wheelie bars

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, this may sound like a stupid question, but will I need wheelie bars installed? Here is what I will have in a 77 280z:

Totally stripped (not sure about the weight, but as light as a Z can get!)

383 stroker 10.5:1 4 bolt (should be between 430 and 500 initially)

Ford 9"

Powerglide w/ transbrake

4.10 or 4.56 gears

I might be leaving something out, but it's early wink.gif

Anyways, I would hate to take it to the track and find out that my front end flys up off the ground all of the sudden. I don't know how much hp or torque it would take for a Z but I'd like to be safe smile.gif

Thank you so much for the help in advance,

Thom

Guest RON JONES

Thom,if that thing hooks when you let the transbrake go, your in need of wheelie bars. Even if your in the upper 400hp to 500hp range,thats enough to wheelstand if you get the car nice and light like it sounds your gona.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the help...guess I'll just spend the $300 and spring for em! smile.gif

Better safe than sorry... (Oh, I just found a ford 9" w/ coil for $800 down the street! woo! heheheh)

Thom

I dont know if any of you have tried this at home, but i did.. Picture the front of

your z car is stripped (no engine tranny

hood or fenders) we all know 2 fenders and a hood dont weigh that much. Go to the front of your car and lift above one of the front tires. I lifted the front left tire off the groung 5 inches then my brother went to the back wheel well and lifted that wheel came off the ground! they dont weigh much at all!!