HybridZ

non technical just opinion

The Revelation

im restoring and tuning my z i bought reciently. My dad introduced me originally when i was very young to the "datsun" when he showed me pictured of his 1600 roadster. This is one of those things where i just have always wanted a car that looks as good as it performs so my question is actually about the mirrors, I really like the sight of fender mirrors for some reason i really just like the unique touch they give, but my dad says that they look a little "gay" was the term he used. do you guys think they look dumb or not?

(yea like i said its just opinionated)

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Oh yeah those mirrors are definitely for homos only.............j/k

If you like em then put em on, I promise your nutz won't shrink and fall off!! LOL

hahah norm..

the funny thing is the "fender mirror" is technical... it was put there for a reason in japan. didnt put there because it looked cool.

it just so happens that it did look cool :)

good luck finding a set though.. getting SOOOOO hard finding a set.

u will find a set or 2 every once in a blue moon on ebay.

i lucked out, i bought 2 sets, both Never used and in perfect shape, pricey but hey!

mike

I have wanted those for a while. I saw a pair on ebay for CHEAP right when I bought my car, but I passed them up at the time. Ive been kicking myself ever since. Your dad and our friend norm up there are actually the first people I have ever say a bad thing abou them. I think they will be a great addition if you can find them.

ON3GO, Now you have me wondering. Why were they so much more functional than regular mirrors in Japan?

thanks i just got a pair of some "classic" msa mirrors apparently though when i got the box it says thay are off of a 65-66 mustang http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-1164&Category_Code=OM04

they are cheap which is always a plus but i really just like the way they look, the only problem i feel i might endure in the future will be mounting them in alignment.

AH thats why they put them there. The reason why I said they were more trouble then they're worth is because of routing the cable (if it even functioned that way) and measuring. If it doesn't operate with a cable then I would hate to get out of the car just to adjust the mirror.

I have real JDM fender mirrors on my Z. There is no cable. They are spring loaded, so if some putz hits them, they don't break off.

After you mount the mirrors, just have another person adjust them while you sit in the seat, it's very simple. I really like that you are able to see out of each mirror without turning my head, just look straight ahead and use your eyes.

If you find mirrors and want to install them in the same spots as Nissan did, there is information in the archives that shows you were they go. It's interesting to know that the placement of the mirrors is not symetrical.

It seems like those mirors could be in the way when you have to work on your engine as well.

You would think so, but I have yet to have a problem with them.