HybridZ

what's safe for daily driving?

CantZme

My z is currently in the shop getting it's final touches and my msns put on(yes i am turbo challenged, but i am learning). Currently running a stock internal l28et that will be controlled by the ms. Mods are t3/t4 hybrid turbo with stock t3 hot side, 437cc ford cfi injectors, pallnet fuel rail, walbro fuel pump, aeromotive fpr, 60mm tb , npr i/c , 2.5 in tig welded i/c piping, 3 in dp and 3in mandrel bent ex. and a stock drivetrain 74 260z. My real question is what timing and boost will give me safety with driveability. I was thinking a 12psi on a conservative tune with ign timing adv 2 degrees would be ok, but dont really know what kind of power i would see or if it would even be safe to run daily. My ultimate goal is a low 13sec daily driver with extreme reliability. what is my rear end good for, as far as whp? please help

I dont have answers for all those of those questions, but I can answer a few.

your 260Z, unless its a 2+2, should have an R180 rear end. not sure on the durability of it, but since you are looking for reliability in a 13 sec daily driver, i would suggest an R200 swap. by the looks of it, your set-up with 12 PSI should probably be, ooh, say in the 250rwhp range off the top of my head. which, in a first gen body, should be good for low low 13sec passes, maybe break into the 12's with a little more boost. all depends on the tuning. you sure do have all te right parts tho.

Did you have those ford injectors flow tested? I had some i thought were 440CC (as indicated by the part number, 0 280 150 400), I sold some to a freind to put on his CA18DET 240SX. ran pretty rich, couldn't figure it out with the SAFC. he pulled quite a bit of inj duty cycle and finally got it to run right. I later found out that those injectors were sort of a gray area as far as flow. some sites list them as 437cc, some sites list them as 46lbs/hr and some sites list them as 510cc. GOK ( god only knows) which is the right one. but Im leaning towards the 510cc/min based on my freinds experience.

I was thinking a 12psi on a conservative tune with ign timing adv 2 degrees would be ok,

You need to know total timing. 2*advance doesn't mean anything if you are running stand alone. I'd run more boost, 16-18psi. Try 22* total. I would'nt run less than 20* at full boost. You can run higher boost and be reliable as long as you aren't on the edge of deto or running too muach timing. I run alot of boost and have reliablity.