HybridZ

Nitrous Z guys.. in here..

Guest ON3GO

got 98% of my NX wet system installed.

im not sure where to put the nozzel, before or after the BOV..

I was talking to sparky, and he said (like i though) that it doesnt matter where i put my nozzel because its a WOT switch, so when i get off the gas the bov opens and the nitrous stops, and if i do a WOT run and speed shift bov wont open so it dont matter.

but we both thing it would be better before the BOV, because it could vent out the nitrous if say the nozzel was late to stop spraying...

but in that case it would spray fuel all over my engine bay.. lol.

confusing the heck out of me.. and now sparky lol.

also Z guys.. where the hell did you mount ur bottle and how!

i dont have much space in the hatch no more because i have my fuel cell there and my battery..

anybody have any pics of how they mounted yours.. it would help out alot!!

also im getting my fuel delivery from a fitting off my fuel line, should be fine i think.

heres some pics.

PDR_2384.JPG

PDR_2385.JPG

PDR_2389.JPG

PDR_2388.JPG

see if i do it after the BOV its sorta slanted, would that still be okay?

PDR_2413.JPG

not much space.. u can spot the bottle in the corner, only place for a foward facing spot.

PDR_2411.JPG

btw.. the woman who i bought the kit off of, on ebay.

shipped the damn thing with 6lbs of nitrous in the bottle!!!!

haha

mike

"btw.. the woman who i bought the kit off of, on ebay.

shipped the damn thing with 6lbs of nitrous in the bottle!!!!"

That is so funny, was it shipped HAZMAT? Probably not. Be glad it was not shipped through the air or in a hot time of year in a hot climate. The delivery guy would have had a N20 bottle pieces go clean through him.

But that was too funny

Actually nos bottles are very hard to explode. Except in fire. Even fully filled pressure inside a bottle is 1000-1300lbs even on the hottest day. The bottle limit is at 5000lbs. And most bottles have a safety valve that at 3000lbs it will release the gas. I'm not saying they can't explode just saying it would take more than an airplane flight to do it.

But stupid person to ship it with nitrous. Although it saved you $20 in nitrous.

My vote is to put the nozzle before the bov. Sure it will release alittle bit of nitrous and fuel out the bov but it is very little since the wot switch will turn it off. Also I wouldn't want that extra nitrous in my intake tract when you are pushing nitrous and a turbo on a stock engine. My .02 cents.

So how are you going to steer it, i have a set i will operate on MsS to spray between say 1700 and 2500 rpm to help spool...this would prevent BOV leaking as i would not really be boosting then.

And well it is a nice gadget ... i dont need it ... it is just ... ooh well who am i explaining for ... you will have the same reasoning i fear !

Love the car though!! looking great

right now i want to hook it up threw the microtech but im so lost on how to do so.

any insite?

i want to spray from 2500rpms all the way to redline..

figure a 75 or 100shot will be fine along with some 16psi or so.

gonna be fun!

thanks!

mike

right now i want to hook it up threw the microtech but im so lost on how to do so.

any insite?

i want to spray from 2500rpms all the way to redline..

figure a 75 or 100shot will be fine along with some 16psi or so.

gonna be fun!

thanks!

mike

megasquirt?... yeah i think thats what you meant...

there are ways to do it. You have probably already read this, but here goes:

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/nitrous.html

hey jared.... everytime i write back i dont know if it went threw or not.

but ill do that trade with ya for the injectors for the sway bar, if you happen to have a stock water pump pulley let me know also..

mike

got 98% of my NX wet system installed.

also Z guys.. where the hell did you mount ur bottle and how!

i dont have much space in the hatch no more because i have my fuel cell there and my battery..

mike

Mike you need to get all that STUFF out of the back and it will be no problem. Here are a couple of pics, I have fuel cell, battery in the back too but plenty of room.

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL83/533777/5761821/73925537.jpg

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL83/533777/5761821/73925561.jpg

Terry

ya but my fuel cell is higher up and is sorta in my hatch area... so i cant put it where you put yours.

BUT how did you mount the bottle straps? i was thinking of welding bolts sticking up and then just using a lock nut to make the mounts sturdy...

but like i said not much space on my setup.

i really need to go to the 2 5lb bottle setup i wanna do.

mike

ya but my fuel cell is higher up and is sorta in my hatch area... so i cant put it where you put yours.

BUT how did you mount the bottle straps? i was thinking of welding bolts sticking up and then just using a lock nut to make the mounts sturdy...

mike

Turn it side ways.....A 5lb bottle will be gone in a heart beat. Well unless your only using like 25HP pills, maybe 50HP pills max would get ya maybe 4 or 5 runs....

Terry

mike

Turn it side ways.....A 5lb bottle will be gone in a heart beat. Well unless your only using like 25HP pills, maybe 50HP pills max would get ya maybe 4 or 5 runs....that stuff disppears quick...also a bottle warmer is must if its cool out. I just ran bolts thru the floor and mounted solid. I like yiour idea though....

Terry

Hmm sorry about my non relevant posts. Mike, contact me at jaredworley @ hotmail.com just remove the spaces from the address. I can use the injectors. Anyway if you dont need the sway bar right away we can make the swap at sez and avoid shipping. If not I can go ahead and do the swap through the mail.

Actually I do have a releavent post. What if you mounted it from the roof. Prob have to make some interesting braketry to hang from the roof frame as of course the roof would not hold it. It would be cool to reach behind your head for easy bottle access. Other possibility would be behind the pass. seat.

ill email ya jared..

i didnt know if i could mount it sides ways, i did but wasnt 100% sure.

ill do that with my idea on the welded bolts.

still any more ideas about before or after the bov..

mike

Yes you can mount it sideways but you won't be able to get the last bit of nitrous out. Although when it gets that low the bottle pressure will so low you won't want to spray. Any way is to mount it diagonal. Do it kindof like corzette but bring it further up so that it is almost between the seats and then angle it towards the right rear or left rear of the vehicle. Should be able to fit.